GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I...feel so weak...

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I've got a case of Fahrvergnügen-itis!
It must have come about because I haven't been able to drive my Volkswagen in *gasp* 3 days! stupid blizzard...
If this snow doesn't clear soon, I may shrivel up and die from lack of Fahrvergnügen...

Crap...just checked the forecast...another 8-12 inches tomorrow.
WTF when did DC become Canada?! :eyebulge:

anyone else pissed they can't drive around here? lol :paddle:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I drove from DC to Baltimore today (and back) - roads were terribel but the GTI handled it with ease.

Of course, it's absolutely disastrously filthy. I stopped by a gas station with one of those robotic no-touch washes. Blocked by snowbanks! Argh!

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
I think I've got a case of Fahrvergnügen-itis!
It must have come about because I haven't been able to drive my Volkswagen in *gasp* 3 days! stupid blizzard...
If this snow doesn't clear soon, I may shrivel up and die from lack of Fahrvergnügen...

Crap...just checked the forecast...another 8-12 inches tomorrow.
WTF when did DC become Canada?! :eyebulge:

anyone else pissed they can't drive around here? lol :paddle:

im sorry to hear..:( get well soon

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove from DC to Baltimore today (and back) - roads were terribel but the GTI handled it with ease.

I had to drive home from work friday night at about 7pm in the worst of the storm...went 20mph even on I-95. I must say I was impressed with the ability of the GTI to handle the snow-packed roads. But it was still one of the most perilous journeys I have had to take.

Not looking forward to tomorrow though. grocery store shelves are empty because no trucks could get to them the past few days...and people are going to flock there again tomorrow with another possible foot of snow coming our way -.-

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
What's hilarious is, Vancouver is supposed to host the Winter Olympics but we're trucking snow in because we have none!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

subdoc

Passed Driver's Ed
Roads over here are crap. Drove my wifes forester yesterday to go to the grocery store. people around here drive like idiots!

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I took my car through a touchless car wash (one of the robotic, high pressure spray ones). I couldn't stand it being coated with salt anymore, even though it was already snowing.

That and a bird decided to grace my drivers door today :cry:

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
I took my car through a touchless car wash (one of the robotic, high pressure spray ones).
How are those things? BTW I was in Annapolis over the weekend and the snow was crazyyyyyy

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
They leave a layer of grime on a really dirty car, but thy spray the undercarriage and get off all the grit. I plan on washing it with Optimum No Rinse (stuff is AWESOME! Just gotta practice careful grit control) then claying, polishing, and sealing tomorrow since I'll be stuck here anyway. I have no hose access so I can't get the heavy grit off here without risking paint damage.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
They leave a layer of grime on a really dirty car, but thy spray the undercarriage and get off all the grit. I plan on washing it with Optimum No Rinse (stuff is AWESOME! Just gotta practice careful grit control) then claying, polishing, and sealing tomorrow since I'll be stuck here anyway. I have no hose access so I can't get the heavy grit off here without risking paint damage.

Thanks for the tip! Be safe in the snow!

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
yay more snow...and freezing rain...at least my car has a plowed spot on the street this time and i won't have to shovel as much

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I may not have hose access, but at least I have an underground garage that stays around 50F!