GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

peter064

My dealer (in Canada) called me a few weeks ago to advise that there was a software update available for my 2024 Golf GTI, which was delivered new with software 1939 in the Information Electronics (5F) controller. I brought the car in last week, and when I picked it up it had software version 1969 in that controller.

I'm not sure what difference the software update makes - the only difference I have seen so far is that when you shut the car off you see a reminder on the central screen to check to make sure there is no-one left behind (for example, an infant) in the back seat.

So, 1969 is definitely out there. Whether it can be implemented by over the air update or requires a dealer visit I do not know. VW of Canada is not too good at supporting over the air updates of anything.

Michael
Just wanted to ask where in Canada are you located and which dealer had the 1969 update?

I am in Toronto and have a 2022 Golf GTI with version 1880. That version has some problems where it reboots by itself and doesnt save sound EQ settings everytime turning the car off. My dealer keeps telling my they have no update even though I tell them of the issues and there is a TSB out that mentions to be update if having issues.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
ErWin TPI 2067894/* tells to service what they must do...

I have had randomly muting since I bought my car at 6/21, Infotainment update will not help for amp bug.
My amp updated at year ago.
It's actually been fine ever since but when i looked it had changed things like the sound focus from where i'd had it set.