GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing a compact ac condenser to free flow the Wagner big intercooler - anyone done this?

tomblinm

I have a 2012 Mk6 Golf R. ITs Revo stage 2+ tuned with the big Wagner Intercooler sandwiched between the ac condenser and the water cooling radiator, The car has the oil cooler installed lower left side bumper. The lower right side bumper seems to have room to install a compact ac condenser with cooling fan. many are available, multi-row in 180x180mm, 210x230mm . I have to explore how much room I have in the lower left bumper but it seems a good idea getting the hot AC condenser away from the blocking the airflow in front of the intercooler.
Has anyone else done this? Is there an empty space down in the lower R side bumper area? I haven’t explored this area in the lower RHS front yet. I live in malaysia, so the air con condenser is usually hot. And with 350hp, the intercooler needs more cooling.

Attachments

• 20E9FF8C-A650-4AD5-99C2-ADF19ACEF4C5.jpeg
    20E9FF8C-A650-4AD5-99C2-ADF19ACEF4C5.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Not worth the effort IMO. Stock location intercooler will perform better on track then a FMIC believe it or not so I don’t think the AC is a big issue.