GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got pull over .....

nic111

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got pulled over this morning for no front plate... And he gave me a ticket!!! I guess I'm kind of expecting it since I have been driving around for years without font plate.... I guess the city is really looking for money....heads up for folks running no front plate.

However, I have always been told that no front plate tickets are non moving violation and it will not affect ones insurance. But my ticket is checked as "traffic"..... :mad0259: does that mean it will affect my insurance?

Any input would be helpful

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Where were you? I'm going on 10 years without issue *knocksonwood.

nic111

Passed Driver's Ed
Where were you? I'm going on 10 years without issue *knocksonwood.

Are you still running no front plate?

I was around beacon hill area.... I have been driving around that area for years. Dammit. I really hope there's a way to avoid this affecting my insurance :mad0259:

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
Are you still running no front plate?

I was around beacon hill area.... I have been driving around that area for years. Dammit. I really hope there's a way to avoid this affecting my insurance :mad0259:

Fight it. That's about the only way. Otherwise plead the judge to reduce it to a non-moving violation. Bring a picture of the plate zip tied to your front grille...that should do the trick. Otherwise request discovery papers from prosecutors office and look for inconsistencies or missing signature from cops report. Missing signature means your case gets tossed. :beer:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah Nic, I still don't run a front plate. I drive past the 12th ave Police Precent daily and pass many officers, none have ever seemed to care.

nic111

Passed Driver's Ed
Fight it. That's about the only way. Otherwise plead the judge to reduce it to a non-moving violation. Bring a picture of the plate zip tied to your front grille...that should do the trick. Otherwise request discovery papers from prosecutors office and look for inconsistencies or missing signature from cops report. Missing signature means your case gets tossed. :beer:

By fighting it, do you mean mitigation? Or just check not committed all together? I already had my plate mounted for the time being,so taking s picture of that would not be a problem. However, according to another Seattle member on mk5 forum, this type of ticket will not add into my driving record nor insurance even if it marked as "traffic" and that's from his actual experience....

Yeah Nic, I still don't run a front plate. I drive past the 12th ave Police Precent daily and pass many officers, none have ever seemed to care.
Well, I drive by a police precinct everyday too... I guess that officer had a bad morning or haven't had his coffee yet....

Dark Anghell1

Ready to race!
By fighting it, do you mean mitigation? Or just check not committed all together? I already had my plate mounted for the time being,so taking s picture of that would not be a problem. However, according to another Seattle member on mk5 forum, this type of ticket will not add into my driving record nor insurance even if it marked as "traffic" and that's from his actual experience.... QUOTE]

Well a lawyer once told me never to admit anything...because it can be used against you. In this case, it's clear that you had no front plate. My 2 suggestions:
1) Not commited and go to trial. Request discovery paperwork (I can tell you where to get a copy) where you will ask for officers sworn statement. If/when you receive one, check for errors and go to the judge. If errors were made, request to dismiss based on missing signature, wrong street name, unclear description, etc. If everything is perfect, just tell the judge that car had been detailed and you always remove your front plate for that, you forgot to put it on and show a picture of the car in it's present state. Then request to have it reduced to a non-moving violation and lower the fine.

2) Mitigate and give the same story along with the picture.

Probably option 2 will be the easiest since there isn't much involved in fighting it.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I think it's stupid how some states require a front plate. I'm still shitty over the fact that my dealer drilled those damn holes in my car when I told them not too. They said the had "forgot" oh well. Sucks for you ticket man. Everyone hates them.