GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lightweight/Carbon GTI in the works?

99bajakid

Ready to race!
OoooOoOoh! I hope consumers can buy panels like rear hatch, hood, fenders, and maybe door skins. The main body (roof/rear panel) would be difficult to install for the average consumer.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully we can see this version on this side of the pond.
Selfish bastards :mad:

speed

Ready to race!
11lb/hp.. not bad at all and 0-60 in below 6.

just hope this will come out as a standard on the mk7 and not just available as a higher trim.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
11lb/hp.. not bad at all and 0-60 in below 6.

just hope this will come out as a standard on the mk7 and not just available as a higher trim.

Dream on. Btw they stole my idea. If i won a lottery i was gonna contact koenigsegg or pagani to make me a full carbonfiber GTI :lol:

AddyDaddyXR

Passed Driver's Ed
I had just seen this on my motor trend app. Sounds sweet, like said ^ I hope it makes it s way here

spessx

Ready to race!
Yeah who doesn't want a $90,000 GTI? great concept, poor execution.

Basically, VW will just be using the body that they are already using for the hybrid and EV. The hybrid and EV have lighter bodies to offset the extra weight of the batteries. VW isn't trying to make a Ferrari here, they're just using parts that are already in the bin to make another interesting model.

With that said, I'm sure there will be some uptick in cost but it couldn't be more than the Golf R. Also, I hope the Golf R is built using this alu/carbon shell.

-s