GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowered or not?

Aaron83616

Hi boys and girls,
This is my first post here on mk6.com and also kind of an introduction.
I just bought a 2010 gti for a dd, to mod and basically just play with. I used to own a 2000 jetta that I bought new in CA and did plenty of mods on and tracked it a lot with a friend that had a great e36 m3 (lots of hpde opportunities in so-cal). I've always missed having a vw and recently sold a big customized jeep that I never went offroading in so had some $ burning a hole in my pocket. Long story short it all seems great except a couple minor things, one being everytime I look at it from a distance it looks lowered. Just a tiny bit. How can I tell if it is? There are no distinguishing marks or tags on the springs, nothing obvious on the strut towers, struts etc. My Jetta had a very uniform fender gap all the way across the tires but that was a Jetta and a long time ago. I'm not a fan of lowering not because of the look but because of how it negatively effects the suspension geometry (nobody go crazy about that, to each his own). It rides pretty firm but I know these did stock. Any advise? I can post a pic later, maybe some of you can look and say yes or no.
Thanks in advance.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Welcome.

What's the fender to ground measurement to compare to a stock height car? Most lowering springs are a different color then black.

Check your timing chain tensioner and chain stretch!!!