GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod Friendly Dealer in Denver

TOYJOETA

Anyone have experience with Bob Penkus as far as mods? I'm in Pueblo so Denver is a bit of a drive just to get work done on my car.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I was going to go talk to the one up in Greeley but once I got near the town I turned around. It's terrible small town without much money that smells like literal cow shit. There was zero chance I was going to move out to Colorado for small town farmland.

LMAO

Erlich is the one in Greely, and it's literaly 2 blocks from my house. Not really a "small" town though it has that feel I guess. Manure smell is from the numerous dairies and ranches just south of town. Grew up on a farm in the summers when I was a kid, doesn't bother me at all.

And of course getting more house for your money is always nice. Rather live with a little smell now and again in a nice house than crash in a cramped crackerjack. :D ;)

Also, a crapton of money up here from all the farms and oil fields, seen more Ferrari's, a Lambo, several Tesla's, and a near constant stream of MBs and Audi here than I did in Sacramento. To each their own, outside of niche hipster resturants nothing in Denver that not's here or at worst in Loveland. ;)

That said........Erlich is a small dealership so you probably wouldn't have liked it either. Had my 20k service done there (at 15k LOL) and some warranty work on the Jetta and found them to be friendly and helpful. Service writers made several comments about the GTI too LOL.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
And of course getting more house for your money is always nice. Rather live with a little smell now and again in a nice house than crash in a cramped crackerjack. :D ;)

I bought a house in Erie. Nice big new house at a great price that has increased in value about $30,000 in the year I've had it and I'm 15 minutes outside of Boulder. Without the cow shit smell.

Also, a crapton of money up here from all the farms and oil fields, seen more Ferrari's, a Lambo, several Tesla's, and a near constant stream of MBs and Audi here than I did in Sacramento

None of that is relevant to VW, the people with money have high end stuff and work trucks.

To each their own, outside of niche hipster resturants nothing in Denver that not's here or at worst in Loveland. ;)

I rarely ever go down to Denver but the things you're taking into consideration is not the things I take into consideration. I literally have dirt single track mountain bike trails that are a 45 second ride from my house, my back yard backs to open space which has dirt trails I can ride all the way to the mountains, it's roughly a 40 minute drive to go skiing, I have many mountain biking options within 15-20 miles, I have places close to home where I can do trial runs. I can even ride at the bike park during lunch. None of that is in Greeley. I had the unfortunate opportunity to go to Greeley every day for a week to while I was on a jury in a trial about a local dude raping children, from the moment I crossed the boundary into the town with it's huge Free STD testing banners everything about that place sucked. If you like it great, more power to you.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I had the unfortunate opportunity to go to Greeley every day for a week to while I was on a jury in a trial about a local dude raping children, from the moment I crossed the boundary into the town with it's huge Free STD testing banners everything about that place sucked. If you like it great, more power to you.

LOL

No need to snipe man, I agree, to each his own, which was exactly my point. You loathe where I live, and I love it.....you're house has only gained $30k? Been here 13 months and I've gone up $40-45k..... ;)

My point on the high dollar rides had nothing to do with VW, it had to do with pointing out that it's not a hick cowshit town with barely anything in it as you decided to label it.

STD signs, in a college town....wow, go figure. I know where you were, right by the college and frat row. Big suprise........Oh, and I am sure no one EVER raped anyone in Denver, Boulder, or Erie. ;)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I don't loathe it at all, I don't give it a second thought unless it's brought up in conversation. It's was not what I was looking for so I didn't look there, it's no skin off my back but you seem to be offended and feel the need to defend your town.... or whatever it is you're trying to accomplish?

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
Well, I'm still stock (minus a P-Flo) and my DSG has been acting up. I had an appointment a couple weeks ago at Omeara VW on 104th and they basically blew me off. Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I don't believe they spent more than 5 minutes with my car. So, I just made an appointment for next Tuesday with Emich. I'm hoping for a better experience. I'll let you guys know how it goes and what they say about how they handle warranty work when modded.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'll let you guys know how it goes and what they say about how they handle warranty work when modded.

Dude, an intake is NOT "modded", it's a filter on a stick instead of a filter in a box. If anyone tried to deny a DSG warranty issue from a filter.....I wouldn't even bother fighting them, I would be too busy laughing my ASS off driving to a smarter dealer. :D

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
Dude, an intake is NOT "modded", it's a filter on a stick instead of a filter in a box. If anyone tried to deny a DSG warranty issue from a filter.....I wouldn't even bother fighting them, I would be too busy laughing my ASS off driving to a smarter dealer. :D

Lol. You misunderstood what I said. I plan on asking them what their stance is on modded vehicles and doing warranty work on them. I own an AWD Mustang dyno and play with highly modified cars for a living. I know what a modded car is. http://www.dspeedtuning.com

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
Talked with the service advisor at Emich this morning when dropping off my car and he actually said they are not very mod friendly especially if you have a tune. They are ok with simple bolt-ons, but not much else. If you have a flash he said they basically won't touch the car. He recommended Larry Miller because they are supposedly the most mod friendly dealer in town. He is a performace car guy himself and we know a lot of the same people and performance car shops around denver. Interesting since it seems like some have said to steer clear of Larry Miller.

Fike

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting since it seems like some have said to steer clear of Larry Miller.

Yea...I'd stay as far away from Larry Miller as you can.

I purchased my MK6 there and they had serviced my MKV before i bought it since it was new(when it was Osborne or w/e) and the shit I've found wrong on both cars is astonishing.

On a side note, I've seen some pretty cool cars on your dyno thru facebook!

PrisonerOfDoom

Ready to race!
Yea...I'd stay as far away from Larry Miller as you can.

I purchased my MK6 there and they had serviced my MKV before i bought it since it was new(when it was Osborne or w/e) and the shit I've found wrong on both cars is astonishing.

On a side note, I've seen some pretty cool cars on your dyno thru facebook!

Alright, I'll definitely stay away from Larry Miller. Thanks man. It's been a lot of fun owning and operating a dyno.

I haven't done too much to my GTI, just a stage 1 tune and cold air intake by Unitronic. It's time for my first oil change so I want to find the "friendliest" dealer in Denver.

I'm leaning towards Larry Miller, any suggestions?

Pleaseeeeee stay as far away from Larry Miller as possible. They are brutal.

Haha also I have received sum 80+ phone calls from a saleswoman that works for LM VW in the last 3 months. NO KIDDING.

Why not do the oil change yourself? Are you trying to use the free service provided with the new car?