GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor Trend Article

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for posting. I understand the price sensitivity due to importation outlined near the end. They should allow people to order those items as 'order only'.

I know they wont as VW USA has ZERO b-lls at all. It would be nice if you could order something if you dont want the US standard useless interpretation we get stuck with. Oh and VW USA - BRING THE SCIROCCO OVER as well!!!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I thought it would be a repost, but it turned out to be a good article! Thanks!

Bender1

Banned
Thanks for posting. I understand the price sensitivity due to importation outlined near the end. They should allow people to order those items as 'order only'.

I know they wont as VW USA has ZERO b-lls at all. It would be nice if you could order something if you dont want the US standard useless interpretation we get stuck with.

Its not guts, its profitability. To substitute Widget A with Widget B might only seem like it increases the cost by the increased cost of Widget B but there are loads of manufacturing and supply complexities that go into it.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
The aluminum finish on the dash and gauge cluster gets me wet

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Its not guts, its profitability. To substitute Widget A with Widget B might only seem like it increases the cost by the increased cost of Widget B but there are loads of manufacturing and supply complexities that go into it.

Its called planning. VWOA has alot do to with what gets placed here. Porsche and others make virtually the same car avail in the US. Im living in Germany and have a just a little insight into this. VWOA is useless.
If they plan ahead do some marketing surveys and allow people to ORDER something a little different they might be pleasantly surprised. Its a matter of getting it done. VWOA is nothing but compromise = Golf R no DSG LOL!! Complexity MY ASS. Its the same f'n gearbox in the GTI.

How about something like the Euro package(same equipment spec as say Germany) and your order and pay a little more. No we get nothing and like it, well I mean, we get the no DSG Golf R as an example. Creativity and VWOA do not belong in the same sentence.

Last edited:

Shini

Go Kart Champion
When the next-generation GTI debuts at a later date, it will reprise its 2.0-liter turbo-four gas engine, albeit with significant revisions expected to push power closer to 250 hp..

lolwut

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
When the next-generation GTI debuts at a later date, it will reprise its 2.0-liter turbo-four gas engine, albeit with significant revisions expected to push power closer to 250 hp..

If this happened my MKVI would be gone tomorrow... :( Don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe the will send a special edition K04 FWD GTI over here mid cycle?

daftKow

Agh. 2014! That's a long time. Hold off on buying until mk7 launches? At least the value of the mk6 will go down...

1.4 turbo sounds interesting, too bad we wont be getting it. I'd be interested what that little motor can do with a tune.

I'm most interested in the weight savings and electromechanical differential. This will be an active system like Honda's vs the current brake-based system, correct?

spessx

Ready to race!
If this happened my MKVI would be gone tomorrow... :( Don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe the will send a special edition K04 FWD GTI over here mid cycle?

I don't understand why Motor Trend would put 250hp in their article when VW has already stated that the GTI would be 222hp. The 222hp number is for Europe which means our's may be a little lower.

A dream car would be the 250hp GTI built with the lightweight/carbon/Alu body from the hybrid.

-s

quality_sound

hmm.......

Then why do they let every other country except the US and Canada order options piece-meal? It's because we get the cars cheaper than anywhere else in the world. It has nothing to do with manufacturing complexities.