GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Mk7 GOLF

Blueteam

Ready to race!
OK enough about this GTI shtuff,

What about the Golf?

Will it be running the 1.8t and if so will it need to run premium?

That would suck big poo.

TDI110

O_o
No idea what engines are available in the US, over here the Golf has the following for now - I'm sure VW will throw in a few more over the lifetime of this model:

1.2 TSI Bluemotion (85hp)
1.4 TSI Bluemotion (140hp)

1.6 TDI Bluemotion (105hp)
2.0 TDI Bluemotion (150hp)

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
The 2.5 will be discontinued and replaced with the 1.8T from what I've read. And it's a good thing.

The 2.5 is a mediocre engine. Yes it is reliable, but that's probably the only good thing it's good at. VW doesn't even offer it in Europe. The 1.8T will bring same amount of power (or maybe more? idk) and drink way less gas than the big ass 2.5 we have at the moment.

Boohoo if we have to put Premium in it. Atleast we won't be putting shitty gas in our VWs anymore ;)

Blueteam

Ready to race!
I wonder if they will detune the 1.8t to use regular 87... I've never seen a turbo run 87.. but there must be pressure to do so being a base model.

I personally like the 2.5 engine myself, i'm getting 5.1-5.5 liters per hundred on the hwy and that's pretty damn fine with me.

How is that a gas hog? Then again my last vehicle was this.. 18mpg highway..

4runner.jpg

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
Well, the 2.5 is not exactly a gas hog compared to those mofos, but it's certainly not the most economical car out there. 5 cylinder 2.5 liter is a pretty large engine.

I do no hate my 2.5, far from that. But I find it is nothing out of the extraordinary, and I would like to have a smaller, more economical, turbo engine. But I couldn't afford the GTI so... :(

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
rumor is still out on if the GOLF/GTI's will get the 7speed DSG as well.... which i'm hoping is a YES

7spd DSG + GTD = wheee + mpg!

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if they will detune the 1.8t to use regular 87... I've never seen a turbo run 87.. but there must be pressure to do so being a base model.

I personally like the 2.5 engine myself, i'm getting 5.1-5.5 liters per hundred on the hwy and that's pretty damn fine with me.

How is that a gas hog? Then again my last vehicle was this.. 18mpg highway..

View attachment 24892

You get a average of 5.5L/100km with your 2.5?! :confused::eek:

Show me how you do it, because that's TDI territory.