GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Occasional bogging in MK6 Golf 2.5 5-spd

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
Also posted on Vortex, but since this site is MK6 specific. :)

Had an odd issue. One or twice in the past two weeks the car has had sever hesitation and power fluctuations in 1st gear. Both times the engine was cold. "Cold" as in had been sitting in low-30s temps for an hour or two, but recently driven. Both times I backed out of the space and put it in first gear. When I put the gas pedal down (moderately) the car was bogging with an up/down kind of surge to the power. As soon as I took my foot off the gas and shifted out of gear things returned to normal and no further issues. Anyone else either experience this or hear similar problems? No CEL. I'll hook up a code reader later just to see if there are any codes.

Also posted on Vortex, but since this site is MK6 specific. :)

Had an odd issue. One or twice in the past two weeks the car has had sever hesitation and power fluctuations in 1st gear. Both times the engine was cold. "Cold" as in had been sitting in low-30s temps for an hour or two, but recently driven. Both times I backed out of the space and put it in first gear. When I put the gas pedal down (moderately) the car was bogging with an up/down kind of surge to the power. As soon as I took my foot off the gas and shifted out of gear things returned to normal and no further issues. Anyone else either experience this or hear similar problems? No CEL. I'll hook up a code reader later just to see if there are any codes.

its probably the fuel line.. fuel injected cars tend to do this from time to time. Could be just dirt from the bottom of the gas tank trying to get thru.. dont worry about it. but if it becomes an occasion.. then you should repost and check with the dealer. No one can really give the perfect advice without being there in person.

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
Good point. I just ticked over the low fuel warning light and may have had the same on the first instance.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
blackice on the road?

tcs on or off?

Techmonkey

Ready to race!
TCS on. Dry road though. No ECS flashing in either situation. My initial though was possibly coil pack, but I suppose time will tell. Hopefully just a bit of sediment in the fuel line or some such, as mentioned previously.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I had this happen once about a month ago when pulling out of my parking garage. In 61,000km that's the only time it's happened though. How many miles are you at?