GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebec City

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Paul, got you message good you're on the board. I'm out of motorsports now but still on this board.

If none of the GTI guys reply, Maybe FlowMK6 is a Golf 2.5 guy. He lives near Quebec City, he started as a Newbie Golf 2.5 guy knowing little about cars but studied to be a Mechanic, he recently turboed the 2.5 in his Golf (y) and knows alot about the MK6 platform.

Talk to you later.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Dang it.. just sold one of those

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
He was looking for one with DSG.

Blakcard, what are you drivin now?
Sold my son's '13... still driving my '11 though.
His TOB / clutch was replaced under warranty and man shifting was butter. Not crunchy like mine is at 311Km

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Sold my son's '13... still driving my '11 though.
His TOB / clutch was replaced under warranty and man shifting was butter. Not crunchy like mine is at 311Km
Knowing you've driven yours past 300k in Toronto gives me confidence I have tons of life left in mine at 180k driving around Ottawa. Currently working on a big maintenance overhaul/baseline (changing transmission fluid, fuel filter, carbon cleaning soon, and addressing a bunch of small things like leaking CV joint and corroded parts). Still, gives me confidence in the longevity of the engine block

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yeah.. Got mine with 32K on the clock, tuned it... once I blew a coil pack I switched to red tops. The TOB went around 60ishK and it was replaced under warranty by dealership. She's been mostly highway driven (45K yearly) while using cruise control. Been to Florida twice. Thought for sure clutch would have given up by now.

I think the smart thing to do would probably replace it before it starts to slip (knock wood) just the $$$$ to get it done since I don't have the tools/knowledge to put one in. Sigh

Still..... I said buh-bye from dead stop to a Stock Mini Cooper that was in sport mode. Thought it was gonna take me but the shifting Angels put it all down with no missed shifts!!! LoL

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah.. Got mine with 32K on the clock, tuned it... once I blew a coil pack I switched to red tops. The TOB went around 60ishK and it was replaced under warranty by dealership. She's been mostly highway driven (45K yearly) while using cruise control. Been to Florida twice. Thought for sure clutch would have given up by now.

I think the smart thing to do would probably replace it before it starts to slip (knock wood) just the $$$$ to get it done since I don't have the tools/knowledge to put one in. Sigh

Still..... I said buh-bye from dead stop to a Stock Mini Cooper that was in sport mode. Thought it was gonna take me but the shifting Angels put it all down with no missed shifts!!! LoL
I just got mine about 15k ago. My TOB is going for sure, but a new clutch was in my plans eventually anyways. Just trying to get some other things done before that as $$$$. Don't really have any slippage with it thankfully, but car is still stock engine wise. Hoping to keep this car a long time and just replace broken or worn out parts with upgrades