GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

smanierre

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
That looks fine to me. Although I would just double check that it actually fits the Gen 1 EA888. I don't see the CCTA/CBFA motors listed in their table.
That's what I saw at first too, but I cross checked the manifold flange design with how the other K04 turbo kits are made... they're identical. I sent a message to them just in case, but I'm nearly certain it'll work. The FSI Ea113 had the same flange design as the CCTAs, thus why the K04 kits work for both of those motors. Is there something I should look for besides the flange?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
That's what I saw at first too, but I cross checked the manifold flange design with how the other K04 turbo kits are made... they're identical. I sent a message to them just in case, but I'm nearly certain it'll work. The FSI Ea113 had the same flange design as the CCTAs, thus why the K04 kits work for both of those motors. Is there something I should look for besides the flange?
I dont think so, but i'm also not very familiar with manifolds, I got lucky finding mine

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I dont think so, but i'm also not very familiar with manifolds, I got lucky finding mine
Following u on insta now

Does ur stratified tune have crappy rev hang?
Its driving me absolutely nuts.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Following u on insta now

Does ur stratified tune have crappy rev hang?
Its driving me absolutely nuts.
It didn't for the longest time, just recently started though at lower RPMs (<3k). I'm guessing something with the engine, or maybe the crackles. I'm gonna ask for a tune without them and see what that does

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
It didn't for the longest time, just recently started though at lower RPMs (<3k). I'm guessing something with the engine, or maybe the crackles. I'm gonna ask for a tune without them and see what that does
My tune doesn't have pops n bangs. It's almost like a copy of the one with pops and bangs except they leave ignition on when they dump fuel into the exhaust... thus creating a rev-hang, which fucking sucks ass... makes my shifts take 3 seconds long when cruising around town (i dont want to drop revs with clutch, rather rev match)

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
My tune doesn't have pops n bangs. It's almost like a copy of the one with pops and bangs except they leave ignition on when they dump fuel into the exhaust... thus creating a rev-hang, which fucking sucks ass... makes my shifts take 3 seconds long when cruising around town (i dont want to drop revs with clutch, rather rev match)
Yeah it's annoying, I just started revving out to like 3500 when driving around town and that fixes the rev hang. It's a bit more obnoxious for everyone else but 🤷‍♂️