GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low oil pressure on 1700 mile old car?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
After driving on the highway for about 20 minutes at 70mph, I pulled into a parking lot and was driving around 5-10mph looking for a parking spot. Then the MFD warning of "low oil pressure" came on along with a yellow icon. It went away after a few seconds, came back on, then went away again.

Anybody know what this could be attributed to? There's no message on the service section of the MFD now, I would think there would be if there was still a problem. The car is only about 1 month old, with about 1700 miles, and completely stock. Thanks for the help, just don't want to go to the dealer if it's something small/easy :thumbsup:

Candy11

Ready to race!
hopefully you checked you oil after that.. Its probably just a sensor so yea you gotta go to the dealer.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick update for those who might have a similar problem. Took it to the dealer, after an hour or 2 of tests, they found nothing wrong. Took the car home and 3 days later the same warning light came on and was gone once I restared my car. Took the car to the dealer again, they kept it for 24hrs+ running all kinds of tests, also trying to recreate the warning light, but again the found nothing wrong :(

Balncd1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same thing happen to me driving on the highway. My car is 2.5 months old with less than 5K miles on it. Lights came on then went away. Freaked me out. Checked the oil level and it was fine. Took it in and they checked everything and found nothing wrong. Tech even said it might be the sensor. If it happens again I will let you guys know.