Buy Intake or DG SS first?

• Intake first

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • DG SS first

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I am debating on what to purchase first, a cold air intake or the short shifter?

I will eventually buy both, but right now I only have money for one or the other.

What does everyone recommend first?

On a side note, by xmas I will have the new shift boot and Tyrol Sport SSBB, so I guess it would make more sense to have the shifter and install everything at once.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
DG SS, its a much more noticeable difference and a difference you feel no matter how you are driving your car.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I also voted DG SS. One of my favourite mods so far.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
DG SS it is. Just placed my order. I also have the Jpm coachworks shift boot, and Tyrol sport ssbb on thier way, hopefully this shifter will feel like my Mazda 3 did. The one thing I miss from that car.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Got my SS yesterday. Didnt have time to install it yet and today its 15 degrees out. I really want to install it though, maybe ill just freeze my ass off for 30 minutes.

You guys think it can be installed that quick?

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Got my SS yesterday. Didnt have time to install it yet and today its 15 degrees out. I really want to install it though, maybe ill just freeze my ass off for 30 minutes.

You guys think it can be installed that quick?

if you have worked on cars before I would be shocked if it took you 20 minutes... wait then again you have to take the stock intake off which while easy, takes a tad longer than 2 screws for my Carbonio :laugh:

I would say no longer then 30 minutes if you know what you are doing.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Watch the install video on their website a few times, its exactly step by step. It may not be flashy and produced but if you follow along its as easy as the video makes it look.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Installed the DG SS this weekend. It took two tries.

First try, I found a nice warm parking garage to install it. Took the old shifter out and started to put the DG in and then realized I forgot my boxed end wrench at home to tighten the lock nuts in place. Then as soon as that happened, the parking garage security told me I had to leave.

I had to put everything back together, drove home, then went to a self car wash place with a garage and reinstalled it.

It only took about 30 minutes to install and was actually easier than putting the OEM shifter back in.

I really wish it had a counter-weight, and I might actually design a new bottom plate that could use different weights.