GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chipped GTI vs. Golf R

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
WTF???

I thought the R was 260 HP? At the wheels probably 240 - and reflashed GTI mk6 should be 230 at the wheels - how did the MK6 get the jump? And the R was well over 100 before it finally pulled it in!

I hope AWD is stellar if all it takes is a reflash to get near equal power!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
The R only caught up after 200, which is why I still stand by the whole "You can tune your GTI to surpass the R, and still be far below the R msrp."

Id love me a Sciroocco though or however you spell it.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Um, AWD loss is well over 20 HP; probably more like 60-70. The GTI and R both have pretty much equal WHP with stage I GTI and Stock R.

This was a roll race meaning the R's biggest advantage was removed already.

And yes, you can tune a GTI to R standard for much less than the cost of an R; but you'll never handle as well as Haldex Gen IV can and the R can spend the same amount on tuning and destroy the GTI again...

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Um, AWD loss is well over 20 HP; probably more like 60-70. The GTI and R both have pretty much equal WHP with stage I GTI and Stock R.

This was a roll race meaning the R's biggest advantage was removed already.

And yes, you can tune a GTI to R standard for much less than the cost of an R; but you'll never handle as well as Haldex Gen IV can and the R can spend the same amount on tuning and destroy the GTI again...

That's true - but your going to spend 5-7k more for an R on both ends (before mods & after)

That's why I wonder if the AWD is worth it?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
That's true - but your going to spend 5-7k more for an R on both ends (before mods & after)

That's why I wonder if the AWD is worth it?

It is, guaranteed. Go find an R32 to test drive and feel the difference between that and the GTI. Now imagine an AWD system about 5 times as good :thumbsup:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Yea, I forgot to mention the whole handling component, but its still really difficult to choose between the two given the potential of the GTI and the already great R, although they both have their downsides.

mk6stage3

Ready to race!
I would like to see the R against a GTI with the haldex upgraded controller installed and switched to RWD. It would probably walk the chipped GTI. Everyday I wake up wishing my Stage 3 Mk6 GTI was RWD

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
I would like to see the R against a GTI with the haldex upgraded controller installed and switched to RWD. It would probably walk the chipped GTI. Everyday I wake up wishing my Stage 3 Mk6 GTI was RWD

Kid lives a tough life..................:paddle:

.. you bastard haha