GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI/DSG Vs. Infinity G35 Auto?

OTK_Master

Hit up Napierville Dragstrip, in Canada today...Lined up next to a G35, I think he was auto, as it was terribly slow..I ran a 14.7 with a bad launch AND a passenger! He was low 15's...I previously ran a 14.02 with a great launch running by myself..

OTK_Master

Pics of Time Slip (No Opp. as it was a time trial)

Attachments

• GTI Quater Mile.jpg
    GTI Quater Mile.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 242

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Not bad at all for stock! Was the temp low? That's insanely low numbers for a stock GTI :thumbsup:

OTK_Master

@ VR6Growl:
Yea kinda it was around 60F, with plenty of rubber on the track, the launch was perfect, and I had been driving but not beating my car on the way up so everything was warmed up but fresh. In other words, I had great conditions for a good run.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
First gen G35's arent that quick. IIRC their 0-60 time was around 6.2 sec while the acclaimed GTI time is 6.8, although diff. magazine reviewers were able to get much lower times.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Second Gen gets bumped to around 320hp from the 260-280 span.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Use launch control and let the computers do perfectly every time.
But as far as traction? I raced a three series and sat there spinning for a while, do I just need better tires?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Use launch control and let the computers do perfectly every time.

But as far as traction? I raced a three series and sat there spinning for a while, do I just need better tires?

Better tires help immensely. The stock ContiProContact on the Denvers aren't exactly stellar performers, and much stickier tires can be had.

It's also better to start off a little lower at about 2500RPM rather than the full 3000RPM so that the car can hook up better using launch control.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Better tires help immensely. The stock ContiProContact on the Denvers aren't exactly stellar performers, and much stickier tires can be had.

It's also better to start off a little lower at about 2500RPM rather than the full 3000RPM so that the car can hook up better using launch control.
Gotcha thanks! I thought it needed to be at 3000RPM to enable the launch control but I'll try out 2500RPM next time. What tires do you recommend, I've been looking at the ContiExtreme DW's.