VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mk6 vs...... (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stage 2 Mk7 GTI vs 2016 Mustang 5.0 (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111808)

CDUBBGTI91 05-29-2017 11:04 AM

Stage 2 Mk7 GTI vs 2016 Mustang 5.0
 
I'm back, but I sold my mk6 ko4 last summer :( i've missed it. I bought a mk7 GTI to replace it, and I'm very surprised to see how well this car responds to mods. I'd say my mk7 is not too far behind how quick my ko4 mk6 was. Anyways...

I ran a buddy of mine on Saturday. He drives a 2016 Mustang GT. He is currently stock with straight pipes. Made a video just for fun.
We did a 50 roll and a 40 roll. Man the mod bug has hit me, I told myself I wouldn't mod my next GTI (I used to drive a mk6 ko4 FBO) what should be next? Intercooler? DSG tune? I'm taking suggestions. I don't plan on upgrading turbo....for now ha!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqmuXPrsSw


Disanto7389 05-29-2017 08:12 PM

Traitor... lol jk man.

SJC 05-29-2017 11:08 PM

Mustang sounds like shit

fast2ghl 05-30-2017 09:16 AM

Good luck not modding lol.....

CDUBBGTI91 05-30-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast2ghl (Post 2530582)
Good luck not modding lol.....

I'll give myself credit, I went almost 1.5 years before I got it flashed with APR stage 1. I'm currently Stage 2 with downpipe, and during my dsg service I said fuck it and got the APR intake as well lol. The snowball is rolling now haha. I think DSG tune is next.

SyDiko 05-30-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 (Post 2530596)
I'll give myself credit, I went almost 1.5 years before I got it flashed with APR stage 1. I'm currently Stage 2 with downpipe, and during my dsg service I said fuck it and got the APR intake as well lol. The snowball is rolling now haha. I think DSG tune is next.

Then coilovers after that? :)

bart2278 05-30-2017 01:04 PM

I beat a stage 2 gti last year. What color is yours?

WeekendWarriorz 05-30-2017 04:26 PM

I'm surprised he pulls on you slightly/starts to keep up

CDUBBGTI91 05-30-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart2278 (Post 2530644)
I beat a stage 2 gti last year. What color is yours?

If it was around this time last year I wasn't Stage 2 just yet and don't remember running any mk6 GTIs but if you're in the Indy area I'd be down to do some runs for fun. My GTI is red, btw

CDUBBGTI91 05-30-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz (Post 2530686)
I'm surprised he pulls on you slightly/starts to keep up

First run I had already been driving for about 1-2 hours (I'm still stock IC) and I have a passenger. He met up with me and his car was fresh, after driving around for a bit we did another run and I think that's why the 2nd run my car pulled a little bit at the beginning. Biggest difference is me having a passenger and him riding solo.

CDUBBGTI91 05-30-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyDiko (Post 2530602)
Then coilovers after that? :)

Actually I think I'm going to be getting some wheels...first time I've ever bought a pair of aftermarket wheels for any car I've owned. I'm planning on buying the neuspeed Rse10 19" wheels. I've never really thought about coilovers, I just know they are expensive lol. Hopefully in the near future my next mod will be....an e92 m3 :).

bart2278 05-31-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 (Post 2530717)
If it was around this time last year I wasn't Stage 2 just yet and don't remember running any mk6 GTIs but if you're in the Indy area I'd be down to do some runs for fun. My GTI is red, btw

I am in the Indy area, and I know exactly where you like to run, but I have to stay out of trouble as I got a speed contest charge last year. It was actually on the same road you run on just south more.

CDUBBGTI91 05-31-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart2278 (Post 2530886)
I am in the Indy area, and I know exactly where you like to run, but I have to stay out of trouble as I got a speed contest charge last year. It was actually on the same road you run on just south more.

If you ever decide you want to run just let me know I'm always down to run whenever.

urbanevil 06-05-2017 06:26 PM

Thats weird, my stage 2 mk6 gti pulled on a coworkers 2013 5.0 (pro tuned, not OTS). He hasn't asked for a roll on the K04 yet lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.