VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Start engine low rpm / car shaking 10-25 mph (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113517)

pppfrank 09-21-2017 11:12 PM

Start engine low rpm / car shaking 10-25 mph
 
Hi guys I do like this car but unfortunately I've met so many problem with it. Last year it kept stalling and had strange noise from tank direction. Spent 1k on it for cleaning engine and it was good for a while.

Right now the car still have problem. Last time I just started the car but the rpm is only about 600 (nearly stall). I gave a little gas it jumped to 1500 immediately. What is more is the car keeps shaking when I'm cruising about 10-25 mph. It feels like misfire but no code.

Anyone has same issue? Thanks.

2011GTI DSG 73000mile no tune

Mk6 Steve 09-22-2017 12:47 AM

It could be several things. My first guess would be the coil packs. They're known to go bad prematurely. Next check your intake piping as you may be sucking in unmetered air. Are you using a VCDS cable to check for your diagnosis?

WeekendWarriorz 09-22-2017 01:12 AM

Coils, Spark plugs, Boost leak? Usually when the car revs so freely with the blip of the throttle it's an air leak in the intake piping or boost leak from the turbo outlet pipe/intercooler piping.

Carlosfandango 09-22-2017 06:18 AM

Could be low fuel pressure!

Check the high pressure fuel pump,
Low pressure fuel pump,
And fuel filter as it has a pressure regulator in it, (only sure fire way to know the filter is good is to change it).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pppfrank 09-24-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mk6 Steve (Post 2551774)
It could be several things. My first guess would be the coil packs. They're known to go bad prematurely. Next check your intake piping as you may be sucking in unmetered air. Are you using a VCDS cable to check for your diagnosis?

Yeah probably. I'll check the coil packs. I don't have that cable... All I can do is do some maintenance myself.

pppfrank 09-24-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz (Post 2551778)
Coils, Spark plugs, Boost leak? Usually when the car revs so freely with the blip of the throttle it's an air leak in the intake piping or boost leak from the turbo outlet pipe/intercooler piping.

Spark plugs was replaced 6 months ago. Iíll have it checked. BTW where can I find a guide to do some easy fix myself? Thanks

pppfrank 09-24-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlosfandango (Post 2551785)
Could be low fuel pressure!

Check the high pressure fuel pump,
Low pressure fuel pump,
And fuel filter as it has a pressure regulator in it, (only sure fire way to know the filter is good is to change it).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the fuel pump is expensive. Hope itís not the pump. Filter changed a year ago.

FriggenT 09-24-2017 02:42 PM

I'd check for boost leaks/air leaks first, you could have a blown off hose, the turbo outlet pipe is a notorious piece of complete and total SHIT.

Are there any mods done to the car at all? There's no tune I see, but anything at all mechanically?

pppfrank 09-25-2017 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriggenT (Post 2552011)
I'd check for boost leaks/air leaks first, you could have a blown off hose, the turbo outlet pipe is a notorious piece of complete and total SHIT.

Are there any mods done to the car at all? There's no tune I see, but anything at all mechanically?

No mods at all. might need to consider upgrade some parts.
And...how to check those parts. It feels like no where to start.:o

FriggenT 09-25-2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pppfrank (Post 2552058)
No mods at all. might need to consider upgrade some parts.
And...how to check those parts. It feels like no where to start.:o

If it's stock, the green o-ring inside the top leaks quite often, check the rubber that goes to the throttle body and make sure it's not cracked, loose, and that the plastic pipe that it's connected to dfoesnt have a crack.

These cars are full of plastic parts, and eliminating the m imo is your best option, if you want a long life on the car.

You said they cleaned the engine right? It could be possible they didn't tighten something up enough, or left it out completely. Open the hood, listen for hissing sounds, get a soap and water bottle and start spraying around and if bubbles form, you have your leak. If the engine surges, or does anything else while you're spraying, you have a leak there. Listen to the exhaustfrom under the car (add plenty of support, not just the jack) if you have hissing there, it's an exhaust leak.

I don't think it would be the exhaust personally, but you never know. You have aa lot of miles on your stock coil packs, so they could definitely be an issue as was already mentioned. A set of red tops is 80 ish dollars iirc. They are very reliable, and a good investment. The pcv valve is also a common area of failure, it's 80-100 to replace and only about a 15 minute job DIY.

On another note, you might want to look at you DV and make sure you don't have the rev G version, which tears and is junk. That is also the cause of boost leaks. It's worth replacing as well if that's the case.

pppfrank 09-28-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriggenT (Post 2552070)
If it's stock, the green o-ring inside the top leaks quite often, check the rubber that goes to the throttle body and make sure it's not cracked, loose, and that the plastic pipe that it's connected to dfoesnt have a crack.

These cars are full of plastic parts, and eliminating the m imo is your best option, if you want a long life on the car.

You said they cleaned the engine right? It could be possible they didn't tighten something up enough, or left it out completely. Open the hood, listen for hissing sounds, get a soap and water bottle and start spraying around and if bubbles form, you have your leak. If the engine surges, or does anything else while you're spraying, you have a leak there. Listen to the exhaustfrom under the car (add plenty of support, not just the jack) if you have hissing there, it's an exhaust leak.

I don't think it would be the exhaust personally, but you never know. You have aa lot of miles on your stock coil packs, so they could definitely be an issue as was already mentioned. A set of red tops is 80 ish dollars iirc. They are very reliable, and a good investment. The pcv valve is also a common area of failure, it's 80-100 to replace and only about a 15 minute job DIY.

On another note, you might want to look at you DV and make sure you don't have the rev G version, which tears and is junk. That is also the cause of boost leaks. It's worth replacing as well if that's the case.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm in Virginia.:laugh:

pppfrank 10-05-2017 05:30 PM

For update:

Installed 4 new redtop coil packs and 4 new spark plugs. Found very little solid oil on my old coils and spark plugs. What is the reason for this? I'd say it's better but might still have misfire(vibration) in cold start.

Ordered a Go Fast Bits T9351 dv. Try to place this and see what happens.

Found a post :

"
I have a 2011 GTI with 92k miles on it. I noticed the car idled rough on warmup only (fast idle) but I was not getting any CEL. I installed the APR Stage 2 tune (with 4 programs) and that's when I started getting the CEL on warmup only. The codes weren't consistent regarding which cylinders the misfires were occurring. After warmup if I cleared the codes they would not again reappear while I drive the car (only at the next time I warmed the car up).

I replaced the plugs and coils and the issue did not resolve (which I expected due to the misfires affecting all cylinders) . Also, the codes appeared irregardless of which program I ran (Stock, 91, 93).

I just cleaned the carbon from my valves and now everything is perfect. The only other variable is that in the process of cleaning my valves I also replaced my intake manifold (since replacements are readily available and not too expensive)....so it was either the carbon build up or the runner motor in the intake which was the issue.

"

It seems we have same issue here but I got my engine cleaned 6 months ago. And he cleaned the valves. What are these valves?

Thanks guys.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.