VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   CTS TURBO intake (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113522)

Slowgti08 09-22-2017 01:48 PM

CTS TURBO intake
 
Is this nipple supposed to stay on or off ??? Trying to solve a boost leak that I have and just readjusted the intake I just installed and I am still wondering about this little nipple I have it on as of now. Please help
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...69d07aef7.heic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriggenT 09-22-2017 03:39 PM

That's a breather tube iirc, but I'd leave it on since you'd be pulling in unmetered air that will throw a code.

snobrdrdan 09-23-2017 03:22 AM

You're looking in the wrong spot for a boost leak

A boost leak would be on the pressurized side (anywhere after the turbo outlet and up until the throttle body)

lilonespaz 09-25-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriggenT (Post 2551856)
That's a breather tube iirc, but I'd leave it on since you'd be pulling in unmetered air that will throw a code.

That little nipple is where the filter is so thats not unmeterd air as it hasnt passed the MAF yet. Its unfiltered but not un accounted for as it will continue the same path (as the air that entered the filter) to the maf.


Quote:

Originally Posted by snobrdrdan (Post 2551923)
You're looking in the wrong spot for a boost leak

A boost leak would be on the pressurized side (anywhere after the turbo outlet and up until the throttle body)

Also this if you are having a boost leak it would be post turbo not pre turbo.

FriggenT 09-25-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilonespaz (Post 2552075)
That little nipple is where the filter is so thats not unmeterd air as it hasnt passed the MAF yet. Its unfiltered but not un accounted for as it will continue the same path (as the air that entered the filter) to the maf.



Also this if you are having a boost leak it would be post turbo not pre turbo.

That's true, I wasn't thinking about that at all honestly

Slowgti08 09-25-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriggenT (Post 2551856)
That's a breather tube iirc, but I'd leave it on since you'd be pulling in unmetered air that will throw a code.



Curious as to whatís the point of that being there ? 🤦🏽*♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz 09-25-2017 01:09 PM

some other applications use it. most of our vehicles do not.

FriggenT 09-25-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowgti08 (Post 2552099)
Curious as to whatís the point of that being there ? 🤦🏽*♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was either a breather, or some sort of cbfa thing.

Slowgti08 09-26-2017 10:43 AM

I was thinking I had a boost leak . After checking the pipe I was hearing an air leak and when I checked the pcv hose wasnít clicked on all the way. I assumed I had a boost leak as the car wasnít as punchy ass it was low end anymore. After searching seems as though that happens with aftermarket intakes,The stock gives you more tq lower end and the after market lessens it but better for top end ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz 09-26-2017 10:45 AM

i mean maybe some torque down but i personally didnt feel less torque. It not like a intake should bog you down low. Do you have a boost gauge? If not PLEASE go buy one.

Slowgti08 09-27-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilonespaz (Post 2552274)
i mean maybe some torque down but i personally didnt feel less torque. It not like a intake should bog you down low. Do you have a boost gauge? If not PLEASE go buy one.



Thatís definitely on the list next. Car doesnít feel as punchy as it did. I could gun it and no wheel spin at all. Feels like the car is holding back Iím going to have it looked at.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowgti08 09-27-2017 09:46 AM

Car is unitronic stage one plus


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowgti08 10-02-2017 09:20 AM

So my mechanic found out the problem. When I would drive around 2600 rpm and 4K rpm the car would hesitate. It was apparently the kind of fuel being used causing it to retard time. I was using BP 93 which my mechanic stated to use Sunoco or shell. As of now he stated to run it down to E refill with the above fuel and use octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to get the trash gas out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz 10-02-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowgti08 (Post 2553020)
So my mechanic found out the problem. When I would drive around 2600 rpm and 4K rpm the car would hesitate. It was apparently the kind of fuel being used causing it to retard time. I was using BP 93 which my mechanic stated to use Sunoco or shell. As of now he stated to run it down to E refill with the above fuel and use octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to get the trash gas out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i only use shell or sunnoco


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.