VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   K04 owners what psi do you peak and hold? (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115035)

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 01:48 PM

K04 owners what psi do you peak and hold?
 
Right now I can peak about 25 and hold 18-20 to redline. I'm wondering what everyone else is getting?

jay745 02-07-2018 01:51 PM

I haven't driven mine since october but usually peak 28-29 and hold about 26 or so. APR does request more boost though in place of pulling timing like other tunes.

Keep in mind during cold winter your car will actually boost less psi because the air is more dense.

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay745 (Post 2570258)
I haven't driven mine since october but usually peak 28-29 and hold about 26 or so. APR does request more boost though in place of pulling timing like other tunes.

Keep in mind during cold winter your car will actually boost less psi because the air is more dense.

Which IC are you running?
Edit: looked at your build thread, still on the neuspeed?

jay745 02-07-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer (Post 2570260)
Which IC are you running?
Edit: looked at your build thread, still on the neuspeed?

I just sold the neuspeed a few weeks ago. I'm putting a eurojet sandwich mounted ic in now. Only reason for making the switch is because I'm adding an external oil cooler and needed the space for it up front. There was no way to mount it with the neuspeed ic being there.

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay745 (Post 2570262)
I just sold the neuspeed a few weeks ago. I'm putting a eurojet sandwich mounted ic in now. Only reason for making the switch is because I'm adding an external oil cooler and needed the space for it up front. There was no way to mount it with the neuspeed ic being there.

Oh ok, so these numbers are on the neuspeed then?

jay745 02-07-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer (Post 2570263)
Oh ok, so these numbers are on the neuspeed then?

yes, I haven't driven it yet with the eurojet IC installed. I don't think it'll change all that much though.

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay745 (Post 2570265)
yes, I haven't driven it yet with the eurojet IC installed. I don't think it'll change all that much though.

I see, that seems to be a fair amount of psi for that turbo. I'm running a wagner, but I swear I must have a leak because only holding 20 seems really low to me.

jay745 02-07-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer (Post 2570266)
I see, that seems to be a fair amount of psi for that turbo. I'm running a wagner, but I swear I must have a leak because only holding 20 seems really low to me.

What tune do you have? I have a few friends with k04's on varying tunes, all of our cars run fairly the same (none being significantly faster than the other) but the boost psi is all over the place based on which tune. Some companies advance timing to achieve the same results as apr gets by adding psi.

Jcarollo765 02-07-2018 03:45 PM

APR 3.1 Tune- Peak 28-29 psi, hold 21-22 redline

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay745 (Post 2570267)
What tune do you have? I have a few friends with k04's on varying tunes, all of our cars run fairly the same (none being significantly faster than the other) but the boost psi is all over the place based on which tune. Some companies advance timing to achieve the same results as apr gets by adding psi.

I went from DM to UM's tune. Supposed to peak at 23-25.

jay745 02-07-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer (Post 2570286)
I went from DM to UM's tune. Supposed to peak at 23-25.

It's probably just the cold air causing it to read a little less psi. Run logs often to see if it's running lean. I know of a few cars that have gotten badly damaged from UM running too lean.

GroceryGTIer 02-07-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay745 (Post 2570293)
It's probably just the cold air causing it to read a little less psi. Run logs often to see if it's running lean. I know of a few cars that have gotten badly damaged from UM running too lean.

I can smell, and see a lot of gas in my cc, which leads me to believe either I need a carbon cleaning, have a bad injector, or clogged injector. Also have high rpm misfires

riceburner 02-07-2018 05:39 PM

I'm on Apr tune as well and mine also has a high 20s spike but holds pretty low 20s to redline. Runs strong was a pretty close match to Jay's car

jay745 02-07-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceburner (Post 2570321)
I'm on Apr tune as well and mine also has a high 20s spike but holds pretty low 20s to redline. Runs strong was a pretty close match to Jay's car

Close match? Thought dsg's were supposed to be faster? :iono:

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/e2/e2226d...cf2791c6c7.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.