VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mk6 vs...... (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   !!!!! New Members Take Note !!!!! (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4357)

JJ-R32 03-11-2010 03:54 PM

!!!!! New Members Take Note !!!!!
 
This site has never been one to chase away those who are passionate about cars of another make. However, if you are noticed to be here for the sole purpose of trolling our versus forums, then you will be subject to being banned. Just as the others are, you are expected to post within the scope of our forum rules. Trolling, bashing, etc, will not be tolerated. Take care and enjoy the forum.

Requiem4aGreen 03-11-2010 04:08 PM

I rarely come in the vs forum, can anyone tell me what happened?

krische 03-11-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego (Post 30366)
I rarely come in the vs forum, can anyone tell me what happened?

It's just because that is what happens all the time in the vs. section at golfmkv.com

Requiem4aGreen 03-11-2010 04:46 PM

ohhhh, yes

lots of shit talking on their vs forum

Mk6golfer 04-28-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBomb (Post 35603)
What is ''Trolling''?

starting arguments :dnftt:

Requiem4aGreen 04-28-2010 10:37 AM

trollololol

dsm1983 04-30-2010 12:56 AM

So contrary to what some people say/think, the Versus forum (to me) is about racing, or prospective/theoretical races.
I thought this was actually unanimously understood, but maybe I'm wrong. I see a few threads on here about "Which is better, Golf or GTI?" Or, "Should I buy this or that?"
Moderators, can you chime in on this?

krische 04-30-2010 02:02 AM

I think there are still few people that have the new GTI, let alone raced it to make the real versus threads. Many are still looking to buy the GTI, so it is mostly comparisons at the moment.

Bender 04-30-2010 07:57 AM

Legit question:

All the other forums I have been on have never had a vs. forum. It encourages reckless, illegal, and immature behavior and it always turns into a flame fest.

What is the point?

krische 04-30-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 46255)
Legit question:

All the other forums I have been on have never had a vs. forum. It encourages reckless, illegal, and immature behavior and it always turns into a flame fest.

What is the point?

The point is...
http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

Bender 04-30-2010 09:59 AM

lol!

dsm1983 04-30-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 46255)
Legit question:

All the other forums I have been on have never had a vs. forum. It encourages reckless, illegal, and immature behavior and it always turns into a flame fest.

What is the point?

Couple of things:
-It's up to the forum members/drivers to maintain responsibility in their actions. Honestly, if anyone is encouraged to act recklessly by the internet then they probably shouldn't be behind the wheel.
-Flame fest - Yeah, tends to migrate that way. But we do have the disclaimer: "Trolling, bashing, etc, will not be tolerated."

j4juke 06-16-2011 09:53 AM

If you have a versus forum, then it should be ok for anybody to post "my car is better than yours" threads. It is ridiculous to have a forum of this kind and not expect heated discussions. This is borderline censorship if you ban someone because they express their opinions as it relates to how they feel about their cars performance/worth etc...(in this particular venue). Get rid of the "versus" if you don't want this happening.

krische 06-16-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4juke (Post 293038)
If you have a versus forum, then it should be ok for anybody to post "my car is better than yours" threads. It is ridiculous to have a forum of this kind and not expect heated discussions. This is borderline censorship if you ban someone because they express their opinions as it relates to how they feel about their cars performance/worth etc...(in this particular venue). Get rid of the "versus" if you don't want this happening.

But if you have trolls, I think those trolls should be banned. And be careful about talking about people getting banned.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.