GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
No news from you guys about a better flowing hpfp?

Not that I know of. I know some guys are using this Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Not sure if that's helping.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Not that I know of. I know some guys are using this Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Not sure if that's helping.

Aeromotive cant do the 6bar + pressure consistantly (yes our pressure does vary I have the gauge in front of me but it is high a lot). I spoke to one of the engineers and he said do not use our pumps, we may do something in the future.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Tiny turbo guy here.
I stayed in a holiday inn once.

What about the $5000+ dollar Bosch Motorsport hpfp?

fastgti69

M3 Eater
how is it possible there isn't any news on anything from anyone?

No clue, on another note. Since this is a big turbo thread. My EFR blew on Friday. No clue why, will have to take the bitch out and check what went wrong. Sounds like a bearing and exhaust turbine gone by by..... and that's the EFR.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
No clue, on another note. Since this is a big turbo thread. My EFR blew on Friday. No clue why, will have to take the bitch out and check what went wrong. Sounds like a bearing and exhaust turbine gone by by..... and that's the EFR.

Pretty sure z blew one up too but I am not sure if it was tuning.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Wow, that sucks -- sorry to hear it. :( Does anyone service/rebuild the EFRs?

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Wow, that sucks -- sorry to hear it. :( Does anyone service/rebuild the EFRs?

Don't know, AFAIK it should be warrantied. Only 7 months of use, how is that even possible. I barely even used it.

Those first round of EFR turbos were supposed to have a high defect rate.

I really thought i got the second generation EFR.. Who knows. Hopefully they back it up with warranty.

Anyways, that fuel pump is insane how is that even possible.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Yep, I got my first EFR in October 2011 and it blew the exhaust turbine to shreds when it saw 25psi due to manufacturer defects. It was replaced with a bigger, revised EFR that has served me well for 1 year so far and has seen 30psi at times.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
It sounds like the OP^^^ had the same problem as you Z. I'd try to warranty it with BW if possible.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Will be speaking with BW shortly. I want to go bigger now that the turbo is gonna come out or be rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.