GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lilfleck's Build Thread

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, definitely scored some nice things. Pretty stoked about it. Not so stoked that a Golf R K04 may not be so plug and play as I thought it would be.

My buddy is going thru the same exact thing. He got a K04 from a Golf R bc the guy went stage 3, Got an amazing deal too. Hes going to do the Unitronic diverter valve re-locator, picked it up at WF. I think hes taking it to Linden VW to install..

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
..... so tempting. Is this for sure godspeed though? they advertise godspeed products for $400... anyone on here have bought this specific IC before and reviewed it? I don't want to buy this thing, try to fit it, and have issues. That would suck.

The GS, CTS, HPA, Unitronic, Eurojet and a few others are all the same exact thing

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
For anyone interested in the MirrorMount + hardwired radar:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
The finish is good on white. It's really hard to find something that makes white pop. I topped it with some concours wax and I couldn't say it looked noticably better than the 845.

The 845 durability is where its at though. My car is kept outside 24/7...

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Dropped the car off at the dealer yesterday for the following:
-AC intermittently goes in and out (cold/hot) -- inconsistent pressure in the AC system
-Fan/AC on 3/4 makes a squealing sound -- center vent is being replaced
-iPod connector only plays through left speaker -- replaced cable, didnt work. replacing cable from center console to radio; tearing apart the interior :(
-Bluetooth quality blows donkey -- no answer yet
-12v/cigarette goes in and out -- they said it works, i'm not sure if its my phone charger or the actual connector

This is what I'm rocking in the meantime:

It's fully loaded which is a nice upgrade from the POS Passat they gave me last time... oh, and turboooo :)

My impressions

Interior: GTI is definitely nicer, miss my side seat bolsters, like the parking button
Exterior: Nice looking little SUV/crossover
Handling: Feels like a boat/SUV. I don't care for it. At all.
Performance: Needs a tune! haha. But serious, it's not terrible. The auto trans sucks. It is very numb and not as smooth as I was expecting.
Conclusion: It is a smooth car to drive. Very comfortable. I could see owning one in the future when I have a family. Add a tune, and it would be a nice addition.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Apparently the only thing left to replace for the ipod connector is a wiring harness that costs $3300 and needs to be special ordered from Germany/Mexico.

VWOA is troubleshooting to make sure that's it. Doing the same for the AC, they said it could be a bad compressor. I'll be rocking the Tig for the rest of the week. Not too bad I guess.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
fooook. had plans to install my dv and R intercooler this weekend and it turns out my car is in pieces at the dealer. am i mad? ye, i'm mad.

AC compressor is being swapped
Rewiring audio cables in the car