GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new deAutoKey LED license plate lights - Installed

JhnR

Banned
So i had their License plate LEDs to begin with, they were the full housing ones. I just got these and i installed them in the OEM housing to compare the differences.

These are not as bright, and i personally like them better because it looks more OEM. I would only advise you when you do install them to add some electrical tape around the bulb socket for a tighter fit, because they move once you stick them inside. I left them the way they came for now till i get my hands on some electrical tape.

Here are some pics:

These are the full housing deAutoKey license plate LEDs.

LEFT brighter version, RIGHT dimmer version

LEFT brighter version, RIGHT dimmer version (notice how it doesn't light up the whole housing, which i like, looks more OEM in person)

BOTH in

Overall i like the dimmer version a little better due to the fact that looks more OEM. Satisfied with them however, i think they should fit a little better, there is room for improvement! Plus lifetime warranty and great customer service! :thumbsup:

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Nice write up! :thumbup: nice license plate frame btw I have one too

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Is it just me, or is it slightly dimmer and also not as white/crisp/blue?

Yes it is dimmer but still bright, these were made to be a less intense version of light meaning it will not light up the entire street vs our full LED housing found here:
http://deautokey.com/product/2pcs-mk6-golf-gti-hyper-crisp-white-error-free-led-license-plate-kit

It is still up to you to see which one you like better for your car, we felt like it was necessary to have both version available for our customers.

For the yellow, that is just the picture, in person it is a crisp white with no yellow tint - I will see if JhnR can get a different picture displaying a better representation of the light temperature.

It is dimmer, and its pure white :thumbup:

Thanks for the review/feedback.

They are up here for purchase:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-golf-gti-less-intense-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play

Thank you :w00t:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, def pretty bright. looks good!

JhnR

Banned
This will attract women, better than Borat's pussy magnet hummer.

Tuppery_Numnak

Passed Driver's Ed
Going to order these this weekend. It'll be my first mod. :)

Edit: Will the computer still throw an error if they disconnect/die?

Last edited:

JhnR

Banned
Going to order these this weekend. It'll be my first mod. :)

Edit: Will the computer still throw an error if they disconnect/die?

These are error free. It shouldn't throw any codes. In case of them burning out, not sure, mine haven't and i already have a light dash on, but i don't mind it.