GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ganibuild

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Just got a couple of boxes from FedEx.

But its all crappy outside, so I will probably wait at least a few weeks before putting them on.

Last edited:

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Can't wait for the snow to be gone for the season, and for the state to fill in some epic pot holes. I just want to put on my new wheels, front lip, mojo mats, and order up some LED tails. Heck I even got a golfmk6.com sticker - not sure where to put it for maximum HP gain.

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Stock vs LED:

These are 6k bulbs. The HID bulbs are a higher color temp than these are I think - there is a little more "blue" on the HID than these give off. I might get 7k to try and see if it matches, but maybe not. These are pretty close and look nice when not looking through cell phone camera lense. I am going to get some 6k fogs and see how well it all matches.

Last edited:

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Installed Depo LED tails today. I do not like the clunky resistor box to avoid error code. I'm going to vagcom the bulb error and unplug it I think, seems easy enough. Fitment on one of them is not 100% but the other three are spot on. I think if I fiddle with it some more I can get it in a sweet spot, its just a tiny hair off.

Damn I need a better camera lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Unplugged those big bulky resistor boxes and coded cent electric byte 18 from 00 to 21. Odd that I had 00 in byte 18 when everything else I read said it would change from 20 to 21. No matter, coding worked, no need for boxes with 3M tape. :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
Very nice ride man. A bit too much of a drop for me, I'm guessing you're not driving around the east side of Providence too much. I popped a tire just two weekends ago when I saw a new pothole on Gano street about 1 second to late. Not that ride height would affect that, but I imagine with the size of this hole I would have been doing even more damage.

huli467

Looks good, the silver VMR's work really well with your color.

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Finally went stage 2 after 7 years. It's awesome. It was a "necessary" maintenance... needed a new part of my exhaust, so got the necessary maintenance done. Didn't a clutch though, but it's coming in a couple of weeks. I've worked from home for the last 4 years and almost never drive, so I'm not worried about it until then. Haven't had a chance to really push it yet, but I'm sure I could make it slip. Looking forwarding to completing the upgrade and giving it a good run.

Last edited: