GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made the Switch to Driver Motorsport TSI K04+ Software

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
I like asterisks, it means you may get something so awesome that it will blow your mind/trans

Nooooo

This file is not designed to do anything of that sort. The DSG transmission is the only asterisks related to the drivetrain. The other 'asterisk' will be med17.5.2 customers and their valve springs. This file will almost surely create an issue with the OEM weak valve springs. Those are the only 2 points of weakness. I do not want the angry mob of med17.5.2 customers wanting me to replace their valve springs.

The file will be safe for the engine. I have 7 months of road data from customers overseas in a desert type of climate, northern USA and testing done by myself here in FL on my daily driven car. I wouldn't release the file at all if it was extreme enough to require a waiver.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Nooooo

This file is not designed to do anything of that sort. The DSG transmission is the only asterisks related to the drivetrain. The other 'asterisk' will be med17.5.2 customers and their valve springs. This file will almost surely create an issue with the OEM weak valve springs. Those are the only 2 points of weakness. I do not want the angry mob of med17.5.2 customers wanting me to replace their valve springs.

The file will be safe for the engine. I have 7 months of road data from customers overseas in a desert type of climate, northern USA and testing done by myself here in FL on my daily driven car. I wouldn't release the file at all if it was extreme enough to require a waiver.

Has the file been tested on a vehicle with "Aftermarket" Valve Springs?

:)

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I don't want everybody's expectations to be too high. I'm not advertising 373whp/400wtrq with the file. I'm probably going to multiply that by 0.90 and use those as expected figures. That's not to say that the dyno is inaccurate, it's right in line with USA Dynojet numbers. I've had all of the K04+ & LO400 dyno figures match up nearly identical with that dyno.

Have to keep in mind that the DM Middle East car has the Forge intake and a bunch of other bits that the software is made for. If a customer has the Golf R intercooler or one of the clone intercoolers from overseas it'd make a difference in comparison to the Forge stock placement or another intercooler that is a high quality bar & plate core. By the 3rd run on the dyno, it's going to drop a decent amount without the proper intercooler. The Stage 2+ file dyno testing after installing the Forge stock placement intercooler it only lost 2whp/2wtrq after 3 runs which was very good considering the conditions. Not just that, the Forge Mk6 intake (not the Twintake/Wintake that everybody is thinking of) removes quite a bit of vacuum in the intake tract. On a Stage 2 file (not even our Stage 2+ file) it gained 6whp on the top end by switching to the Forge intake from the most popular intake offering. Imagine what that does on a high output K04+ file. A solid 15-20whp can be lost on these types of files if the hardware is not up to snuff.

So if someone matches that car mechanically those numbers are what should be expected? At a .9 multiplier you are right at other k04 tunes power wise. However if the first holds up, get a list of the parts on that car and Im sure most will gladly duplicate it.

Heck if it can be duplicated multiple times, Id consider downgrading to a k04.

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
So if someone matches that car mechanically those numbers are what should be expected? At a .9 multiplier you are right at other k04 tunes power wise. However if the first holds up, get a list of the parts on that car and Im sure most will gladly duplicate it.

Heck if it can be duplicated multiple times, Id consider downgrading to a k04.

The list going forward as far as hardware goes will be the following:

- Forge Mk6 intake
- Forge stock placement uprated intercooler
- Forge Charge Piping (TOP & TB Pipe)
- Forge Mk6 Valved turbo back

I'm not really trying to be a salesman. The intake will pick up 5-10whp over the regular offerings due to the 3.0" piping pre MAF and the size of the filter element. The intercooler is a massive bar & plate core and the valved exhaust under load literally is practically a 3.0" open pipe. The induction and exhaust side is free from restriction. The exhaust does not have multiple mufflers or baffles. The intake doesn't have a shroud, the filter element is massive and majority of the intake tract is 3.0" necking down to the stock turbo inlet. I've tested all of the induction components in comparison to stock and competitors and it's what's on the DM Mk6 and my brothers 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0T TSI.

Djunited (the customer that made the dyno chart) stated multiple times about how large the difference was after switching from the ITG/VWR intake to the Forge intake.

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
ROW pump gas for those numbers or was it on higher octane?

Regular pump gas (98 RON) in his location.

Do not expect those numbers in the marketing material or to be considered the regular type of output. I cannot guarantee that is what will be made on a regular basis in the USA with different vehicles all across the country with all sorts of different hardware.

v.b

Ready to race!
Wow 10whp from the intake. How is that possible when at the end of that intake is the stock turbo inlet? Are the other aftermarket intake filters really that restrictive?

I'm somewhat confused about why you guys are investing time into making a k04 tune for an already saturated k04 tune market... why not do something like a canned tune for the people who are wanting to run the frankenturbo f23t. or some other turbo. or something.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
....For you K04 DSG guys out there.... Just changed the oil in the dsg transmission, looked pretty dirty after 20k miles only. Don't think it looked that bad when I changed it at 40k miles (now at 60k miles). Went with liqui moly 8100 this time.

Last edited:

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
Wow 10whp from the intake. How is that possible when at the end of that intake is the stock turbo inlet? Are the other aftermarket intake filters really that restrictive?

I'm somewhat confused about why you guys are investing time into making a k04 tune for an already saturated k04 tune market... why not do something like a canned tune for the people who are wanting to run the frankenturbo f23t. or some other turbo. or something.

I gained 6whp just by swapping it on the dyno when getting results for our Stage 2 file. The Stage 2+ file (our most aggressive stock turbo file) would probably pick up even a hair bit more than that at parts of the midrange.

Here's our facebook post with that dyno:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...34064383.1073741828.161356924067084&source=46

EDIT: To answer the rest of your question:

The K04+ file is our biggest seller on the Mk5 platform. More so than any of the stock turbo files. It's close to being 1/5 of our total sales for every vehicle and every stage of software. For the Mk6, we've gotten more inquiries about that than anything else. It'll sell pretty well.

The F23T will not have an OTS solution from DM.

Last edited:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I don't want everybody's expectations to be too high. I'm not advertising 373whp/400wtrq with the file. I'm probably going to multiply that by 0.90 and use those as expected figures. That's not to say that the dyno is inaccurate, it's right in line with USA Dynojet numbers. I've had all of the K04+ & LO400 dyno figures match up nearly identical with that dyno.

Do not expect those numbers in the marketing material or to be considered the regular type of output. I cannot guarantee that is what will be made on a regular basis in the USA with different vehicles all across the country with all sorts of different hardware.

Perhaps I'm confused BUT if this overseas dyno is in line with the stateside Dynojets (which is the most common chassis dyno) then why lower the numbers?

I assume it would be impossible to accurately advertise exact numbers worldwide but perhaps comparing against the competitors would be easier for us to understand.

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
Perhaps I'm confused BUT if this overseas dyno is in line with the stateside Dynojets (which is the most common chassis dyno) then why lower the numbers?

I assume it would be impossible to accurately advertise exact numbers worldwide but perhaps comparing against the competitors would be easier for us to understand.

As mentioned previously. It's for margin of error.

If I say it does X, then a customer puts on an ITG/P-Flo/Carbonio intake or something similar, a downpipe with a cheap cat and a Golf R intercooler they won't get those results. They won't care that it was achieved with certain hardware. They think that's a marketing tactic and it's all the same stuff.

The aforementioned dyno was posted by our Middle East distributor just to show off what one of their customers did. Their customer has a lot of our recommended hardware and is a healthy car so it made good numbers. It's being used as a data point, not the end all be all for our power figures.

oehawks3

Ready to race!
This thread is interesting. I think I'm going to wait until I see 10+ MK6 customers happy on here. A local here had a bad experience, so I'm hesitant.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
Nooooo

I know i was kidding around :thumbsup:

dave80

Go Kart Champion