GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the DQ250 DSG & S tronic TCU Upgrade!

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
My favorite "farts" are the Pagani Huayra and Cinque. Sound like a 9mm going off.

Last edited:

james9120

Go Kart Champion
My shifts are a tiny bit sloppy between gears on 3.1 at WOT, most likely due to the huge TQ figures the next gear goes into. Will the DSG tune help make the gear changes more solid?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
My shifts are a tiny bit sloppy between gears on 3.1 at WOT, most likely due to the huge TQ figures the next gear goes into. Will the DSG tune help make the gear changes more solid?

This is how I feel to. The DSG tune will most likely fix this. Just do it.
I have waited to do my DSG for more than 3 years now. Now I'm waiting to get the proper cable for the sw extraction.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone interested in videos? I took a few last night of the tachometer in various modes.

yes. i was testing this morning too. my biggest problem was no matter how deep i press on my pedal in D mode gears 1-3, it always shifts around 2300-2500 instead of holding to get into the powerband. and after every one of those shifts it just bogs with no power.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Cool, no problem. Very hard to get the camera still on the tach while driving, especially in landscape mode.

All of these videos are from my commute home. Didn't really get on it too much as there wasn't much room for it. But daily driving is where you'll notice the tune the most, not WOT.

D mode:
Note: Notice how when it makes the gear change, the RPMs drop an extra ~100rpm to its final place before increasing? APR mentioned changing the way they rev match, just wondering if this is something that will get fixed in an update.

S mode:

Longer vid with a mix of D & S modes:

D/M Modes, moderate quick takeoff:
Note: Not sure what that rattle is at 45s in. I only noticed it on video. Weird.

D Mode, another moderate quick takeoff:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my Uni DSG tune does not drop that extra 100rpm after each shift, i know that much. that would keep me away from APR DSG tune at least until that is fixed.

Last edited:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Added more vids.

@2013R - In the last two videos, you'll notice how the TCU holds gears longer in 1-3 gears.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Added more vids.

@2013R - In the last two videos, you'll notice how the TCU holds gears longer in 1-3 gears.

its hard to tell, but i think your D mode def revs a bit higher than mine. we can't really compare though, because "pedal position" and "load" is all relative. and mine also takes too much pedal to force a downshift, i have to go really deep.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
its hard to tell, but i think your D mode def revs a bit higher than mine. we can't really compare though, because "pedal position" and "load" is all relative. and mine also takes too much pedal to force a downshift, i have to go really deep.

True, I thought about that when I was recording... I wanted to test out the obd2 wireless app I have connected to my phone. It has a tracking feature that you can see various data points while recording.

You can kind of tell how hard I'm pressing by the intake noise. In all honesty, it doesn't take too much. It does not consistently shift at a certain rpm point.

It really is smoother.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
We don't change rev matching. It's the same.

The ECU DOES lock out downshifting in some situations on some models. This is removed till a little before redline.

Hm... I'm 90% sure Jamie mentioned that APR changed the method the TCU uses to rev match. In either case, does that clutch slip look normal when shifting gears?

I'm not the only person who has mentioned it.

Tucker3381

Ready to race!
There's still a little fart, but it's reduced. We use a different mechanism to rev-match than the factory. That's part of why our shifts are crispy, but it does cut down on the fart a bit.

We don't change rev matching. It's the same.

The ECU DOES lock out downshifting in some situations on some models. This is removed till a little before redline.

Which is it, or do you both mean something different?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Cool, no problem. Very hard to get the camera still on the tach while driving, especially in landscape mode.

All of these videos are from my commute home. Didn't really get on it too much as there wasn't much room for it. But daily driving is where you'll notice the tune the most, not WOT.

D mode:
Note: Notice how when it makes the gear change, the RPMs drop an extra ~100rpm to its final place before increasing? APR mentioned changing the way they rev match, just wondering if this is something that will get fixed in an update.

S mode:

Longer vid with a mix of D & S modes:

D/M Modes, moderate quick takeoff:
Note: Not sure what that rattle is at 45s in. I only noticed it on video. Weird.

D Mode, another moderate quick takeoff:

I just hope that drop in rpm is not bad on the tranny in anyway. Mine does it too..