Old 07-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #35
gtiguy482
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '13 CSG GTI Wolfsburg DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingdub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloHarmonics View Post
So I was pretty happy to see this thread at first... I just entered my VIN on the VW recalls site. According to the VW site, this is not a recall, but a service campaign. Remedy= "Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle."

My question is, how is this really anything different from the status quo? Did VW design a new water pump that they are reasonably confident will fix the issue? Or did they train the techs to install them with a different technique? I had my water pump replaced about 6 months ago with the BB rev and it's still okay, so I'm not sure what would happen if I brought my car into the dealership for this service campaign.

Seems like this would only be meaningful if I knew they were installing something that will last however long a water pump should actually last (years and years). Does anyone know what the difference between a recall and a service campaign will mean for us in this case?
Just checked the website and no hit on my 2013. Called customer care to make sure and she assured me there was not one on my car at the moment. She did say it could be expanded though. Not sure if they are just looking at certain engine codes or not right now. I know in humble mechanics video the one he was looking at that had failed was a ccta engine. His video was made well before this notice though. Just turned 48k on my ccta this morning and seems to be no issue yet. Just out of curiosity. What engine code do you guys have that are showing up with the recall/service campaign listed for yours? I have the extended warranty through 100k so i would be covered anyway. This is a good thing that they are doing something about it though.

Vagcom in Southeast TN
gtiguy482 is offline   Reply With Quote