GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts list for DIY Brembo 17z calipers?

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I forgot, what about the sensor? Are the Touareg sensors plug and play?

You can use the tutorial provided by ECS for their stage 5 BBK install. Essentially, you just solder to two wires together. I made a small bridge out of thin aluminum to link the two pins in the stock connector, which was then covered with a small plastic cap that i 3D printed ( i love my 3D printer!)

ECS install pdf is at the bottom of the page ( i went with option 2 with regard to the sensor)
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Braking/Performance/Front/Stage_5/ES7366/

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help Dub!

Double's Dub

Ready to race!

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Speak of the devil, I just got my replacement set delivered this afternoon after a rebuild + powder coat.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Speak of the devil, I just got my replacement set delivered this afternoon after a rebuild + powder coat.

LE TITS :drool:

How much coin did you shell out for that? I'm curious!

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Oh man... It wasn't cheap. I don't even want to say how much I paid for it as it makes me cry a little ha. :(

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I bet- i went the G2 caliper paint route with the VHT caliper paint clear :cry:

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Calipers + mounting kit; pads + mounting hardware + wear sensor; rotors + hubcentric rings, lines, 15mm spacers (for Laguna wheels) :thumbup:

The pistons have to be in this order top to bottom: 34/36/38
Pads wear sensor part number: 7L0 907 637. The sensor is plug&play
Pads mounting hardware part number: 7L0 698 269A

Last edited:

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

wow they look good. Now im debating if i should keep mine the way they are (no color), and just rattle can them red.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Calipers + mounting kit; pads + mounting hardware + wear sensor; rotors + hubcentric rings, lines, 15mm spacers (for Laguna wheels) :thumbup:

The pistons have to be in this order top to bottom: 34/36/38
Pads wear sensor part number: 7L0 907 637. The sensor is plug&play
Pads mounting hardware part number: 7L0 698 269A

Thanks for the info man, that really help, but how would i know the piston order?

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
You're welcome!

The pistons are arranged in that order, so it all depends on how you install the bleeder valves and crossover tubes.

Install the bleeder valves on top, where the small pistons are. The crossover tubes have to be on the bottom, where the big pistons are.

8A0 615 273 - part number for the bleeder valves + rubber caps (for 1 caliper); you need 2 of these for 2 calipers. I paid around 20$ for both sides

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
You're welcome!

The pistons are arranged in that order, so it all depends on how you install the bleeder valves and crossover tubes.

Install the bleeder valves on top, where the small pistons are. The crossover tubes have to be on the bottom, where the big pistons are.

8A0 615 273 - part number for the bleeder valves + rubber caps (for 1 caliper); you need 2 of these for 2 calipers. I paid around 20$ for both sides

I purchased used calipers off of a touareg so they already have the tubes and bleeder valves on them. I guess i might have to flip them around?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Looking at spacers, is our hub bore 57.1?