GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't EVER let your teenage kid borrow your car.

Griffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Most kids nowadays don't know the value of hard earned things....especially where i grew up

In response to the threads title, nothing wrong with letting teenagers use your car - as long as they've been raised responsibly and taught the value of life.

Not sure if this is the best thread to say this, but I'm 20 and I'm picking up my first car (as in 100% my money) tomorrow - it's a used 2012 GTI. :yikes:

I like what Daniel is saying; I have some friends who drive pretty recklessly. One of my best buds, I wont even get into a car with him if he's driving - totalled 2 cars and destroyed the transmission on another in 4 years alone.

I like to think I'm responsible enough for the GTI; parents taught me not to be a dumbass haha.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
i understand, the gti is a fun car, etc. rich parents want a good badge etc.. well, there is a tdi, great milage good torque for lane changing etc, but not that fast feel= adrenaline action you get in a gti. Hence, 95% of the forum would be k04 if they had the money to spare. Turbo'd cars always give that boost/good fast feeling= wanting more.

I just shake my head at the Im 16 in highschool, gti as my first car etc, then next thing you know they are stage 2 running meth.

Experience is earned, not given, that's why there's grey hair. ;)

Lmao off at this post... Seriously,
I'm 16, Bought my mk6 GTI dsg with pretty low miles after working for a year and a half, and my insurance is cheap since my provider discounts if you have at least B's in your classes. Funny thing is I'm running stage 2 and about to upgrade to meth, saving for a f23t kit in the meantime. Cheers.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'm 16, Bought my mk6 GTI dsg with pretty low miles after working for a year and a half, and my insurance is cheap since my provider discounts if you have at least B's in your classes. Funny thing is I'm running stage 2 and about to upgrade to meth, saving for a f23t kit in the meantime. Cheers.

LOL ,your insurance is cheap because it's in your parent's name.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie

You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.[/QUOT

Haha yeah, anyways I'm located in So. Cal, if you think a Stage 2 MK6 is too much for a high schooler yet alone a stock MK6 I would advise you come drop by at my high school and check out the E92 M3's, M235i, 2015 Wrx's/STi's, SS's/stang GT's, 335i's and 996 porsche turbos...

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Haha yeah, anyways I'm located in So. Cal, if you think a Stage 2 MK6 is too much for a high schooler yet alone a stock MK6 I would advise you come drop by at my high school and check out the E92 M3's, M235i, 2015 Wrx's/STi's, SS's/stang GT's, 335i's and 996 porsche turbos...

Ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JayChan

Ready to race!
You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.[/QUOT

Douchy McDoucherton over here is a prime example of what this thread is all about. Check me out bro I have such a cool car that mommy and daddy paid for. Reminds me of this....

Noodle1

Ready to race!
People are very stupid at my age, I myself am 16 and I got a gti as my first, I've only had it for 2 weeks but I love it already, teens can be responsible as long as they buy their own car, I've been working odd jobs since I was 12, I remember when my neighbor took me for a test drive in his mk5 gti and at that moment I knew that I would own a gti one day. I saved almost 9k and I now own my mk6 gti (Parents helped me out with like 5k for down payment) . I like to drive quick but there is a time and place for that and I never really go over 100-110 on straights and I never push the car near its limit, I know that I'm inexperienced and I consider myself responsible unlike the guy in the video

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My first car at 16 years old was a 1992 Toyota pick up truck had about 125 horsepower.

Wrecked it in a light accident because of the age of the vehicle.

Learned my lesson of shenanigans. Next car when i was 17/18 cant quite remember when i got it.. it was a year or so after the truck.
Was a 1994 Volvo 940 sedan. Solid steel frame/bumpers. Had about 140horsepower new and this was in rough shape but it got me around everywhere.

When i was 21/22 i purchased my 2011 GTI after working a job for 3 years an making my way into management.

Still have the GTI but i dont really do anything now. I drive rather conservatively about 90% of the time doing the speed limit and stuff.

I defiantly believe a beater car is a good starter car for everyone.

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
I had a b16 swapped civic with a 50 shot of n02 in high school that I paid for myself. it ran a 13.7 at palmdale. I think (some) kids are just as dumb as a lot of adults that crash fast cars. this thread is good because it reminds us how fragile we are. that white gti on the 1st page is haunting.