Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 CW GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRMK6GTi View Post
Might join u in March!
I'll definitely let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer333 View Post
I'm definitely following this thread since my car's at almost 79,000. It had 72,000 when I bought it.

Got any advice?
In general, don't skimp on maintenance with this thing. If you want the car to last a long time, you'll need to know your car better than the average consumer:

- You may be due for a carbon cleaning since your at 79k. My car finally threw a code at 117k for dirty intake valves, but other forum members have reported having this problem at much lower mileage.

- Check if you have the old style chain tensioner (there's a lot of resources/threads on this site on how to do that). Labor is a bit expensive to get it updated to the new part , but worth the peace of mind IMO.

- Intake manifold warranty was extended to 10 yrs/120k miles I think? Not sure if that warranty is transferable since you bought it used, but just something to make note of if yours fails.

Is this a higher maintenance vehicle? YES. But I'll tell you this much. A Toyota Corolla never put a smile on my face as much as the GTI does every day
APR Stage 2 :: Golf R LED tail lights :: AWE boost gauge :: Neuspeed P-Flo :: Enkei PF01 18x8 :: Dunlop Star Specs :: DG Springs :: UR DP :: UB :: XB :: R8 Coils :: SPM OEM BBK :: OSIR CF lip :: Bilstein :: Hotchkis :: 034 Front Endlinks

LightningRhod's quest to 200k and beyond

Last edited by LightningRhod; 10-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.
LightningRhod is offline   Reply With Quote