View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #563
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
My buddy finally picked up a 2015 (i think?) 9th gen accord coupe v6 manual. We did a quick highway pull... I was either in 3rd or 4th gear and we floored it. The accord kept right up, neck and neck the whole way. Neither of us really pulled, just remained steady. I shifted and then so did he and thats when I immediately pulled ahead... I actually let off and hit the brakes to just stay lined up; wasn't a serious race.

Those V6 accord coupes are quick, he was 100% stock too. The thing that is killing him is the shifting. The accords and civics just don't like to shift quick. Apparently they have a delay valve that prevents you from shifting quick... i guess to prevent transmission damage. But forcing the shift with this delay valve will cause you to slip the clutch... and eventually will ruin the clutch. So he definitely needs to remove that before he can truly shift fast.

Just surprised that the accord hung with me so well for 1 gear. Cool story, I know...
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote