GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

very surprising 1/4 mile times

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
So for fun today, my friend and I decided to go down to the track. I never really expected the car to be quick, but wanted to just mess around on a night with nothing to do... With a total of 5 runs, my worst run was a 14.67 and my best was a 14.22 (average was 14.2X)... is this out of the ordinary? I have been reading and hearing about these cars being in the 15's. My car is entirely stock with DSG, 4 door, 18's, and I didn't remove anything prior to running (except my last run I took out my air filter to see if there was a difference)

By the way, The track is at like 5 feet above sea level, and tonight was a balmy 67 (first run) dropping to about 58 (last run).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9F7uw1PRE8

Last edited:

Phenix3939

Ready to race!
Nice run! I like the Cake track you got blasting in the background! You gotta have good racing music to get you pumped up!

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Wow thats mighty impressive! What was your trap speed? Im guessing maybe 98-99 ish?

FN in MT

Ready to race!
On the video...halfway down the track ....you turn down the volume on the radio!! THAT made me laugh. Good video!!

I used to race WAY back at Island, Atco, Englishtown Raceway Park and a few otherrs in NY/NJ in the late 60's into early 70's. Ran a 396 Chevelle SS 375HP, 4:88 rear, 4 speed, etc. Drove it to work Mon to Friday.
Then campaigned a 70 Nova with a 350 small block that went from a "stock" class car to a "modified production" car within a year. In the end, the best times I ran with the Nova as a 366 CI, 5:13 rear, 4 speed car were low 11's. NOT streetable at all though.

It amazes me to NO end the times we get now with VERY streetable cars, that get great mileage as well.

FN in MT

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Trap time was always between 95 and 97... Running the Pirelli P-zero... I think they are the all season. I didn't let any pressure out of the fronts either. I felt the Cake track was appropriate.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i loled when you changed the volume while in the middle of the drag strip

Last edited:

Zero46

Ready to race!
Nice times. Only track I've ever run a car at is WAY above sea level up in the high desert and less than optimal track conditions. The general consensus was to subtract about .8 secs off you're time and that was what you would run on a regular track haha.

MofoG23

Ready to race!
I'm still laughing when you turned the volume down in the middle of the run - good stuff!! :thumbsup::lol:

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
I'm still laughing when you turned the volume down in the middle of the run - good stuff!! :thumbsup::lol:

Numerous times i have been on the phone while driving down the drag strip ( on speaker of course) DSG FTW

Maximo

Passed Driver's Ed
i was always told its a 3% loss of power every 1000 feet. so me living in the mountains at a little over 6000ft screws my numbers :(