GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picky about getting sub

lexman098

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not a huge audiophile, but I'm starting to want at least a small subwoofer to boost the quality of the base system. My concerns are that:
1. I don't have the time or the nerve to tear up my brand new car and do it myself.
2. Where to get it done? I'm not sure I trust some random tech at best buy, but I don't want to overpay for such a simple thing either.
3. I don't want this to effect the warranty. Preferably the dealer shouldn't even know about it (see next point).
4. I don't want to sacrifice the storage versatility of the golf, so it should ideally be relatively easy to remove for road trips etc.

Any suggestions?

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
There is always the ever available Bazooka Bass tube. 8 inch version usually will suffice for a decent amount that doesnt overpower the highs.......10 inch version if you want to get a little bit more.

i dont know why more people dont use them, they work great.

you can get the 250 watt 10 inch one with an install kit for under about 300 dollars. Takes about 1-2 hours at the most to install if you take your time. And it comes with everything you need also.

Depending on where you are at in NC, i may have one of my installers that i know in your area, and could recommend someone other than someone that may or may not know their way around a car. (not saying anything bad about best buy installers at all) there are some really good installers that work at best buy. They are just few and far between. If you can find a tech at Best Buy that is a Advanced or Master certified installer from MECP you should be in good hands.

watson

Ready to race!
Seriously this is the way to go if you don't want to sacrifice storage. I know I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love mine also - perfect solution, looks great...sounds great...and you support a forum member..I think thats a win, win, win :)

except with that little taste of musical goodness...I want even more so I am on the road to installing component speakers and a 4 channel amp to feed the new audio addiction :eek:

lexman098

Passed Driver's Ed
Why would it?

Because you're connecting something custom to the electrical system. Something in the console stops working due to an electrical problem and all of the sudden the dealer isn't responsible because at some point in the past you wired in god-knows-what. It isn't always right, but it's how warranties usually work.