GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI on order!

plat

Ready to race!
I placed an order for a 2011 CSM GTI DSG Jacky last night. :happyanim: I just want folks to know that I thoroughly enjoyed the sales negotiations with Dennis Cheong and his Sales Manager at Regency VW in Port Moody. If you live in GVRD and you are planning to purchase a VW, I highly recommend seeing the folks at Regency. My experience was a pleasant one. No pressure, stress, and moronic sales pitches! :). Just straight business. Very professional and courteous. Thsi is the first time I left a car dealership feeling very good.

My original plan was to order the leather package but after trying out the Jacky Cloth seats, I think, for long drives, they will be more comfortable than the stiffer leather seats. Plus, being a bit plush, it will contribute to a more comfortable feeling ride given the sport suspension. Also ,I, personally, do not care too much about having a sunroof. My previous vehicle, a 2002 Honda Accord EX-V6 Coupe, I barely use the sunroof. I do not like being under the summer sun but, I do have to admit that it is fun to use during the rest of the year. So, to keep costs down (even if I am having it financed), I decided to just go for the base GTI. Leather and sunroof is just play a bit part in the overall GTI experience. I can still have cake and eat it!

I got Invoice + 4% which is a very fair deal for me. Plus I get splash guards and rubber mats thrown in as a freebie :). All is well. I just hope the price difference between the 2011 and 2010 is not too much or negative :). Honestly, I do not think so given the history of price increases since the 2006 MY. There was the customary haggling but after three go-arounds, I finally told them that I know the invoice cost and I am willing to split the difference of the MSRP and Invoice cost with them. I told them this was a fair deal and I realize that, as a business, they need to make money. So, I got a thumbs up for my Invoice + 4% counter-offer.

When I placed my order, I noticed that Regency has a default charge on glass etching ($399, I think). They did not say that it is a requirement but they did mention that it is a standard item they always pre-print with their sales order form. I told them no thanks to that. They promised to take it out of the sales order.

On the front bumper plate holder, I told them not to punch holes on the bumper. Dennis showed me an example of a plate holder mounted to the bumper and it did not seem to be that bad except for the notion of non-factory holes drilled through the bumper. But, I will be living with this car in a place where you need a front plate so I am considering having the holes drilled. Using cable ties to mount the plate holder on the lower honey comb grille looks hoakey. I will do some research and find out what others have done.

No word as to when the car would arrive but I am guessing either late September or October. When I was in Clarkdale VW, I had a chance to look into the 2011 orders for GTI's. There is a CSM DSG Jacky that is destined for Canada that is not yet committed. It's ETA is late September. So, I may lay claim to that one. In any case, I am willing to wait because I still have to find my beloved 1998 Nissan 200SX SE a new home.

Before I tried Regency VW, my first foray into ordering my GTI started at Clarkdale VW. My experience in that dealership was a horrible one. I know some of you folks has had very good experiences at Clarkdale but that was months ago. I believe they have had some presonnel changes and the new guy is just a PITA:mad0259:. My salesman, Francis Tan, is OK and very friendly. The Sales manager, I forgot his name (not worth remembering anyway), was throwing every rotten sales trick in the book to build up my anxiety over ordering the GTI and commiting on a not so good price. I have made a list of BS stuff I got from this chap (wait 'til you see my list of BS). I will publish it in another post so people would know some of the sales pitches they use on prospective buyers. However, after my 2002 experience of buying a new car at a Honda dealership, being a mature adult, and a professional, I already know how to handle chaps like him. I basically told him, "no thanks" and left the dealership. Oh, but the pain of going through his entire sales pitch was absolutely unbearable:mad:. He did not even notice that his sales tactics were not working on me until after 45 minutes! He won't even play the 'let's negotiate' dance with me. All I can say to Clarkdale VW is good luck with this guy.

I apologize for this long post but I am just feeling great and excited! Now comes the hard part, waiting!

Last edited:

v3on

Ready to race!
Congratz plat...let's have a car meet when your car is here....lol

deviant1

I've been to Regency for service on my Rabbit and they are exceptional. Might have to deal with them when I get my new GTI soon. Congrats on your new ride!