GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
My buddy with an MK4 had a e-cutout right after the turbo. Turbo spool sound was insane when that thing was open!

On a side note, I can't believe so many people take Plac's word about things on this forum. The guy really has no idea what he is talking about!

If I do order that downpipe I am really considering getting a cutout for the straight midpipe. It would be super simple to wire up a connector once and have that as an option. Swapping it out would take about 15 minutes. I think it would be awesome to have all those options for such a great price.

I'm kind of back in car mode again. I really want to start doing things to my car again. I haven't been hating it so much. Current plans is to make another revised super clean intake. Thinking a cross between the BSH and Modshack using my current Apexi filter.

Also kind of interested in the auto-dimming mirror like Kevin has. That looks great

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
New downpipe shows up today, back to stage 2 :)

And yes Plac is a fucking retard

:thumbsup: I'm really starting to think about adding a downpipe to my K04 install. Mostly because it won't add any labor to the install since the DP will already by off.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Might as well :thumbsup:

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Scott - You're just mad I wouldn't go to the meat with you or sit in a crowded theater for 3 hours with you.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
On a side note, I can't believe so many people take Plac's word about things on this forum. The guy really has no idea what he is talking about!

lol

New downpipe shows up today, back to stage 2 :)

And yes Plac is a fucking retard

:laugh: which dp did you go with?

:thumbsup: I'm really starting to think about adding a downpipe to my K04 install. Mostly because it won't add any labor to the install since the DP will already by off.

not a bad idea, in theory, haha.. Still gotta pay for the dp, and honestly, im not feeling a huge diff with mine. Its there, and its smoother, but is it $800 (dp and installed) better - probably not.

Mike has genital odor. Just putting that out there.

how do you know? from sexing?

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
Scott - You're just mad I wouldn't go to the meat with you or sit in a crowded theater for 3 hours with you.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Might as well :thumbsup:

It's the sound thing. The only company that makes a DP (Tectonics Tuning) for the 4MO doesn't do a resonator and I really don't want to buy a $485 downpipe just to have to add a $100 resonator. Even then it will still be louder than the OEM pipe.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
It's the sound thing. The only company that makes a DP (Tectonics Tuning) for the 4MO doesn't do a resonator and I really don't want to buy a $485 downpipe just to have to add a $100 resonator. Even then it will still be louder than the OEM pipe.

What about the SPM dp?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
What about the SPM dp?

Won't work with 4 Motion. Techtonics tuning will work out of the box. Any of the Golf R downpipes will also work with minor modification to the subframe bracket.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: which dp did you go with?

I'm not sure if you familiar with the Stasis, Eurojet, Unitronic drama or not but here's an abbreviated version. Stasis bought Eurojet under false pretenses, the deal was $50,000 cash and $400,000 in stock shares, but Stasis higher ups falsified documents to show there stock being more valuable then it really was and in turn screwing the Eurojet dude out of a ton of money. Eurojet dude quit when Stasis wouldn't fix it. Stasis than filled a TRO to keep him from going to work anywhere else claiming the designs (they got from Eurojet) were their own and it was a year of development and they were in talks with VW about becoming an OEM accessory or whatever (all bullshit) so the TRO got granted knowing full well it would be overturned when the facts came out. Some where along the line some stasis employees left and took the Eurojet designs with them to try to leverage them self into a new job. That's where Unitronic comes it, they had him go back to Stasis and get into the old Eurojet guys email and info to get all the supply and manufacturer info for the Eurojet stuff in exchange for a job at Uni. That's why Uni's all new hardware line is just copies of the old Eurojet stuff. But somewhere along the line there was a batch of down pipes from the manufacturer of old Eurojet that couldn't be sold because it was an exact copy, Uni had to move the flanges a bit and made the downpipe hanger non adjustable before they could sell their slightly modified version of stolen designs.

I managed to get one of the downpipes kinda stuck in limbo. So I don't know who's downpipe I bought. It is old Eurojet but it might be branded Eurojet, Stasis, or Unitronic on not even have a tag on it.

VW aftermarket is filled with a bunch of shady people.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yep. and its only getting worse!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure if you familiar with the Stasis, Eurojet, Unitronic drama or not but here's an abbreviated version. Stasis bought Eurojet under false pretenses, the deal was $50,000 cash and $400,000 in stock shares, but Stasis higher ups falsified documents to show there stock being more valuable then it really was and in turn screwing the Eurojet dude out of a ton of money. Eurojet dude quit when Stasis wouldn't fix it. Stasis than filled a TRO to keep him from going to work anywhere else claiming the designs (they got from Eurojet) were their own and it was a year of development and they were in talks with VW about becoming an OEM accessory or whatever (all bullshit) so the TRO got granted knowing full well it would be overturned when the facts came out. Some where along the line some stasis employees left and took the Eurojet designs with them to try to leverage them self into a new job. That's where Unitronic comes it, they had him go back to Stasis and get into the old Eurojet guys email and info to get all the supply and manufacturer info for the Eurojet stuff in exchange for a job at Uni. That's why Uni's all new hardware line is just copies of the old Eurojet stuff. But somewhere along the line there was a batch of down pipes from the manufacturer of old Eurojet that couldn't be sold because it was an exact copy, Uni had to move the flanges a bit and made the downpipe hanger non adjustable before they could sell their slightly modified version of stolen designs.

I managed to get one of the downpipes kinda stuck in limbo. So I don't know who's downpipe I bought. It is old Eurojet but it might be branded Eurojet, Stasis, or Unitronic on not even have a tag on it.

VW aftermarket is filled with a bunch of shady people.

too funny. did you get it for dirt cheap?

Yep. and its only getting worse!

truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.