View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #53
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphykid67 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Torque specs for wheels would be listed in packaging or online I take it? Will be ordering from tirerack.

Good to know I won't need alignment. I will after I drop it down in the spring though!
I can't remember where I got the torque specs from, whether it was the instructions that came with the wheels or in the VW user manual or both. Dig around in your owner's manual to start. I'm sure the instructions will say something if they want different.

Tire Rack sent good instructions with my wheels, too. They're solid. That reminds me: if you haven't ordered yet, Please make sure to click through to Tire Rack from the GolfMk6 link when you order to support the site!

Link on top of page here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Also, Sonny@TireRack is the site's customer rep and you can also ask him any questions. He also has a sticky winter tire thread over in the Wheels section if you're into reading more about winter tires and mudflap mods and stuff.

One final thing... if you end up with aftermarket bolts, MAKE SURE to keep a set of the OEM bolts in the hatch since the spare tire will need the OEM bolts!

I keep my gorilla wrench and wheel hanger in the hatch too in case of flat, just gotta strap it down.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote