GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Brexin

Ready to race!
Got beat by an evo....twice...

30 pull i didn't think he wanted to race and then he hit it, didn't get more than half a car on me to 130 (midnight interstate). Second was from a light, he got me on the jump thanks to my awesome all season stock tires, he only had me by a foot or so.

Other than the gains he had on the jump he didn't pull on me.

K04 and new tire/rim time

Butchered By Auto Correct Using Tapatalk 2

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Bowers is right... I did this too, car handled like shit afterwards, I know because I tracked my car when it was like this and it handled much worse than when it was stock. Now that I have a proper corner balance(matching cross weights), alignment, and camber adjustment(less negative camber in the rear) my car feels balanced and I can take corners fast.
It does look very nice though.

A_Bowers

Bowers is right... I did this too, car handled like shit afterwards, I know because I tracked my car when it was like this and it handled much worse than when it was stock. Now that I have a proper corner balance(matching cross weights), alignment, and camber adjustment(less negative camber in the rear) my car feels balanced and I can take corners fast.
It does look very nice though.

I don't always post relevant stuff. But when I do, its spot on.

Just trying to get the facts out. That's all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
uploadfromtaptalk1355318414141.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1355318428585.jpg

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
THat's just simple statics, dynamically....your roll moments will be affected because you technically have more of a "rocker" arm movement now with the LCA

Merkle

Banned
So let me see if I get this.

Being too low essentially throws the camber out causing there to be less tire in contact with the ground. Also the LCA is out of proper alignment causing the forces to act upward on the suspension as opposed to laterally on the sub frame mounts.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
So let me see if I get this.

Being too low essentially throws the camber out causing there to be less tire in contact with the ground. Also the LCA is out of proper alignment causing the forces to act upward on the suspension as opposed to laterally on the sub frame mounts.

Being low without proper modifications. APR's MAXR got it right.

A_Bowers

Being low without proper modifications. APR's MAXR got it right.

They also pretty much rebuilt the suspension too. That stuff blew me away when I got to really looking into it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
They also pretty much rebuilt the suspension too. That stuff blew me away when I got to really looking into it.

Exactly.

1hughesar

Banned
Ordered the ECS Euro short shifter and a Rev D diverter valve, think im losing boost, doesnt pull like it used to and the clutch seems fine...

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if he's on coilovers why does it matter. stock suspension isn't best for handling either but all he has to do is raise it up when he goes to the track.