GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Week with APR tuned KO4

Stanielz

Ready to race!
first off let me say that ive spent the last few months going crazy. I didn't know if my car was running right. I didn't know if it was my tune or something physically wrong with my car. I ran hours of logs. Adjusted my waste gate. My local dealer did everything he could, meeting with me at 9pm even just to run logs.

So after a lot of self debate I decided to go up to Auburn and try APR's new k04 file.

I am by no means a fan boy, as you can tell from my sig, APR tune was the LAST and ONLY apr product ive had. I've always been a giac/awe guy. So with GIAC I dynod at 265 hp, with APR I dynod 295 hp.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/stanielz1/IMG_0372.jpg

Ok so forget peak numbers for a second. My car used to feel like it was confused, the car would hesitate at times and other times boost just fine.
My DSG used to buckle when up-shifting/downshifting at certain RPMs. I used to not want my car to shift in the 4-5k rpm range because the buckle would be embarrassing. I had spent so much money on my car and I wasn't happy.

None of this is true anymore. shifts are smooth, up and down. Boost/power is consistent. The car feels much more OEM if you will. Its like the power blends is perfectly with the rest of the car. I'm finally happy. I can quit stressing about it every time I drive my car. I can finally just enjoy it.

My advice to everyone is, don't give up. Don't let anyone blame your DSG or give you excuses. If your not happy with a certain product then go elsewhere, you don't have to settle.

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
i have heard nothing but problems with awe/gaic tuning with the K04...i am glad you are happy with APR...it's like when i was talking with Benji from NGP a while back...you are going to pay more with APR but no other company compares in the area of designing and testing their products for the the best possible results

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
And, another win for APR

Clempson13

Ready to race!
i am hugely interested in the APR K04 as of recently

GangBangChang

how much did the apr/k04 tune cost? i wouldn mind settling for k04 instead of Apr stage 3 if it costs half the price... at close to 300hp and a stable APR tune I can be satisfied.....

i think... ? lol

Stanielz

Ready to race!
I will, i'm trying to find someone to go with me haha. kinda boring solo drive.

:p crossing my fingers for the kit.

m4ci3k

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info, looks like this is going to help others decide what tune they will be going with.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
if i am stage 2 apr is this a free upgrade?

If you purchase the APR K04 kit (not released yet) software is included for free and if you are an existing APR customer, you'll get the same programs/options you currently have, but if you're not an APR software customer already you'll get 1 program included for free.

If you purchase the software separately and use someone else's kit it's $499 if you are an existing APR customer and you get the same programs/options you currently have. If you are not currently an APR software customer it's $899 for a single program.

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
If you purchase the APR K04 kit (not released yet) software is included for free and if you are an existing APR customer, you'll get the same programs/options you currently have, but if you're not an APR software customer already you'll get 1 program included for free.

If you purchase the software separately and use someone else's kit it's $499 if you are an existing APR customer and you get the same programs/options you currently have. If you are not currently an APR software customer it's $899 for a single program.

Hi Arin, are you expecting your hardware kit to come in at about the same price as AWE? I would imagine the hardware is essentially the same from kit to kit? Also, what happens if I have a loaded APR ecu and purchase the hardware from AWE?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and any hints on how long we will be waiting for the APR kit?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hi Arin, are you expecting your hardware kit to come in at about the same price as AWE? I would imagine the hardware is essentially the same from kit to kit? Also, what happens if I have a loaded APR ecu and purchase the hardware from AWE?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and any hints on how long we will be waiting for the APR kit?

I don't quite have hardware costs yet as we have not finished the full estimate of parts, labor and machine time associated with the kit. We are in the process of doing that now so as soon as I know I'll let everyone on here know. The system will be competitively priced.

If you purchase someone elses kit and use our software and are currently an APR customer the software will be $499 and will include the same number of programs you currently have an the same options.