GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems with demister and condensation!

Ghost001

Ready to race!
Any one else having problems with the car in cold weather. The Condensation on my Windscreen is a big problem in the cold. its not fogging up it actually wet you get water droplets on the inside of the windscreen. Then it takes 25-30 minutes to get the windscreen clear using the heater!

Any one have any help or ideas? I'm contacting the dealer tomorrow. But if its something I'm doing wrong I'd rather do it before I embarrass myself at the dealership.

:mad0259:

Ghost001

Ready to race!
I've got problems with the outside and mirrors. Mine is the inside. I've never had this problem even with my previous car which was 13years old.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Sounds like excess moisture coming from outside the vehicle, or standing water somewhere inside the vehicle. Only on windscreen and not other windows?

bad2bone

Passed Driver's Ed
try using the A/C with heat when this happens. it acts as a dehumidifier and will dry up the wetness.

Ghost001

Ready to race!
YEH only on the front windscreen. I've tried using AC with heat but it took 20ish minutes to clear it.

bad2bone

Passed Driver's Ed
sounds like a water build up inside the car to me. maybe a drainage block somewhere but the dealer should be able to detect what the problem is.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Sounds like standing water somewhere in the vent system. Turn the vent selector to windscreen and run AC and heat for a while to maybe dry it up, but more importantly try to find leaks around the outside air intake

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
sounds like a water build up inside the car to me. maybe a drainage block somewhere but the dealer should be able to detect what the problem is.

and this :thumbsup: