GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats everybody's MPG averages?

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Yea i get my best 28 to 31.2 mpg in city.

Today with three people driving for an hour plus I got up to 29.5 freeway. Than by myself it went down to 28.5.

So its getting better persay

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Okay, I was driving back from Eugene to Everett and I got on average...35.2 MPG!!! Yea baby!

Love this car and the MPG you can get.

TDI110

O_o
I have 22,000km on my car and so far I am averaging 4.6L/100km with 90% highway and 10% city. The best average I had was when I took a 800km business trip to Berlin 4.4L/100km.

kitcat18

Passed Driver's Ed
No offence people, you people must be driving with lead shoes.
I get on average 50mpg and the best is 62mpg on a 15 mile run to work each day.
On a 300 mile run doing 80ish mph for half and 55ish the rest got 52mpg
2900 miles on the clock.
Seem to get the best mpg when I'm got trying so hard.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion

Lead shoes or a turbo.

My GTI (still at 150ish miles - still in "don't drive at the same speed for too long" break-in) has been putting out over 31mpg on my daily commute, which is about 15% city 85% highway, with some traffic.

compared to my old v6 30v Audi's 21.2mpg for this same commute - color me happy :)

Ratio

I get on average 50mpg and the best is 62mpg on a 15 mile run to work each day.
On a 300 mile run doing 80ish mph for half and 55ish the rest got 52mpg
2900 miles on the clock.
Seem to get the best mpg when I'm got trying so hard.

Pshh! =P We have our Turbo and not running on diesel. Anywho, for now, I have 3000 km on my car, approximately 31mpg on highway, 28mpg in the city. I would say those are some really nice numbers for a turbo charged car!

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm averaging 28mpg in mixed driving. had one mostly highway tank and got about 32 mpg. this thing is just as frugal if not more so than my 200 lb lighter mk IV

kitcat18

Passed Driver's Ed
Lead shoes or a turbo.

But I do have a turbo Not a GTI but the 4 Door GT 2lt TDI.
Went for diesel so I would get more MPG than the petrol version.
In the UK with fuel so expensive it made sense, but the engine comes at a premium, but I do like the sheer torque. Nice will get it chipped to 170 BHP from 140 soon.

Would gone for the GTD but don’t like leather and don’t like cheque and the R32 was not out and expensive.

Scirocco 2ltr TDI next in a few years :):happyanim:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Would gone for the GTD but don’t like leather and don’t like cheque and the R32 was not out and expensive.

Yeah, if the GTD was available in the US I would have had a difficult decision. Diesel can be hard to find here off the highway though, and can sometimes be way more expensive than even 91/93 octane gas/petrol. Go figure.

I really can't argue with 31mpg in a sporty fun car though - wrx's get 24-25 (if they're lucky), same for mazdaspeed 3s. If I was tracking my car I'd probably go for one of those since they're quicker (and there is something to be said for AWD in snowy regions), but with my 16k miles a year the GTI more than pays for the bump in my insurance with the improved mileage over my old audi.

I put down 35.6 mpg on my first drive ( highway for about 70miles). I picked up my car yesterday.

I was totally blown away. I never did better than 30mpg in my old mk5 GTI.

Marvin

Ready to race!
Is this a GTi only thread otherwise I'm averaging 42.2 mpg in my 1.4 TSI 122 PS (no city driving). To my mind, this is somewhat lower than I'd expected, according to the brochure figure of 45mpg or thereabouts but the weather, lately in the UK has been rather harsher than expected!
There again my more advance years and respect for my car may have something to do with it. ;) :rolleyes:

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Is this a GTi only thread otherwise I'm averaging 42.2 mpg in my 1.4 TSI 122 PS (no city driving). To my mind, this is somewhat lower than I'd expected, according to the brochure figure of 45mpg or thereabouts but the weather, lately in the UK has been rather harsher than expected!
There again my more advance years and respect for my car may have something to do with it. ;) :rolleyes:

Nobody in here cares to hear about your TDI and its ridiculously high MPG and torque :laugh:

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Have not finished the first tank of gas, but with 1/3 of a tank left, I have driven 260 miles. Doing some quick math, that works out 25-26 miles per gallon, which also is what my computer avg shows for this fill-up (25.7 mpg avg).

Now on my last car, a 2007 Audi A4, I noticed the computer avg was always a bit optimistic by about 1-2 mpg.

Has anyone noticed this with the GTI?