GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Features/functions you LIKE on the MK6

waffleman

Ready to race!
There's something like 5 pages on the topic about what people don't like with the MK6.

So, is there anything that you like?

I'll start off with a few, just to start.

# 1 The handling. I love taking this puppy on a curve.

#2 The power. It's a compact with balls. A blast to drive.

#3 The MPG's - I've got 3400 miles and my average is 30.4 MPG. Sure, you'll get more with the Prius, but you don't get #1 or #2

There's many more good things, but I don't want to hog the board. Gotta go drive!

:burnrubber:

kmshultz

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the steering wheel.

Second on the steering wheel. Great feel in your hands and the flat bottom gives room for knees.

Great control coming hard into a corner!

Exhaust note and sound from the engine coming through the firewall! :D

18" Rims and dual chrome-tipped exhaust! Love all design elements/options that differentiate the GTI from the Golf (no offense to Golf owners :))

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
I like:

Xenons: great light output.
Seats: Cloth and very comfortable.
SD Card slot: So cheap and so easy to use
Highway: Man this car is smooth on long drives
Paint: So far my United Gray paint has been pretty top notch
Handling: Fun to drive, winter came and ruined that a bit.
Black headliner.

Love it.

Last edited:

jjkh

Passed Driver's Ed
Like the interior with the soft touch and the whole center console. Very luxurious.

Like the Xenons with AFS.

Like the fact that whenever I drive my car I feel satisfied, secured, and comfortable.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
The awesome seats and steering wheel show where they spent the money for the enthusiast driver.

Well done VW!

tfcGTI

Ready to race!
I love that it fits like a glove! It combines man and machine like I've never experienced before.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I love that it fits like a glove! It combines man and machine like I've never experienced before.

I agree that it provides a connection that many cars in this class just don't/can't offer. :w00t:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I love almost all the features of the GTI. Very thoughtful little things are in there, such as the door bottle holders that are actually large enough to be useful, a little vent in the glovebox to keep things cool, the proliferation of grocery hooks in the back...

This list pretty much sums up the other things.

I like:

Xenons: great light output.
Seats: Cloth and very comfortable.
SD Card slot: So cheap and so easy to use
Highway: Man this car is smooth on long drives
Paint: So far my United Gray paint has been pretty top notch
Handling: Fun to drive, winter came and ruined that a bit.
Black headliner.

Love it.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
I like the upscale feel of the interior and the amenities that you usually do not find on smaller cars. That is what really sets the GTI apart from the other affordable hot hatches.

The combination of power, handling and economy are balanced very well; having a flat torque curve gives you usable power for normal driving, not just for "hot rodding"

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i like how its feel like home when i first sat in it, the upscale ride quaility that is compairable to cars 2x and 3x its value, the paint and body work is almost too nice, the 6-sp trans is as smooth as butter, the wide varity of seat positions( i can go all day just changing positions non stop haha), the interior/dashboard/speedometer is smooth and the flat bottom steering wheel is one of my favorite things. oo and did i forget to mention the gobs of torque throughout the whole rpm range. its just reeally fun to drive and reeally addicting

waffleman

Ready to race!
The touch screen radio
The electric seats - they heat up quickly!
The 18 inch alloy wheels
The exhaust sound

subacpw

Ready to race!
its a lil like gimicky thing but the little square on the side mirrors that shows the blinkers are on.

touch screen radio is sweet.

the steering wheel.

and mine only has ~90 miles