GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No way to warm up the car ?

Caligula

So I traded in my 2007 GTI for a 2010. In winter, I used to start the car with my spare key and manually lock the car when waiting for it to warm up in winter.

But I see that the 2010s don't have a key hole ??? Any suggestions ? I live in the city - so leaving the car idling with locking it is not an option.

Chaser

So I traded in my 2007 GTI for a 2010. In winter, I used to start the car with my spare key and manually lock the car when waiting for it to warm up in winter.

But I see that the 2010s don't have a key hole ??? Any suggestions ? I live in the city - so leaving the car idling with locking it is not an option.

Episode 39: How to manually unlock your VW with a hidden key hole

http://www.youtube.com/user/AskaVWsalesguy#p/u/1/XDevaVKo5Ro

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Will the car let let you lock the doors with the key in the ignition and no driver?

My Mazda 6 would not let you do that and neither would my F150.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
remote starter. Or just suck it up, buttercup :cry:, Boston isn't that cold!

...ok, it is cold, but as a New Englander you should be used to it. And the seats heat up fast :)
also, go sox!

/former Bostoner

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
haha - i was just wondering about the "no keyhole" thing, which i like - didn't know we have that covered, was going to look into it. thanks!

can't you warm it up with the valet key and used the remote to lock it?

Caligula

haha - i was just wondering about the "no keyhole" thing, which i like - didn't know we have that covered, was going to look into it. thanks!

can't you warm it up with the valet key and used the remote to lock it?

Unfortunately no - the remote does not work if the car is already turned on.

boofer

you're not really supposed to let the car idle to warm up in cold weather...you're simply supposed to drive it very gently until it gets up to operating temperature.

also, i believe it's illegal in my state of Virginia to leave a car running while unattended.