GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I got a surprise when I went to price APR Stage 2 Tune

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Went to my local German Car Tuner to get a price on an APR Tune only to find out that there is a $150 dollar up charge if you are not running an APR downpipe. Has anyone else ran into this?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Yeah its called corporate greed and the amazing fact that people will pay that extra money with a smile just because it's "APR".

Jokes aside they make great products but this fee is pretty disappointing.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I'm definitely not paying the extra money. I'll drive further and get a Uni. I was a bit shocked when the guy told me this.

Avdigigeek

Ready to race!
The new apr pricing is what totaly turned me off to them, so I just got a loaded giac tune for less then the APR set up. I'm loving it so far. The car is alive now!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I mean you'll pay more than double the new upcharge to get someone else's tune, but if your finances can support the gesture then more power to you.

Did your tuner ask when you got stage 1? If it's before April or something like that, whenever they announced the upcharge, then you're exempt from it.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
go with another tune besides APR. No point in paying that much just for the typical tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I thought it was a $150 up-charge to go from stage 1 to stage 2 if you dont use their down-pipe instead of it being free like before... It was under my impression that going straight to stage 2 is just the regular stage 2 price.

Maybe Arin can chime in and clarify.

I wouldn't pay an extra $150 for stage two single file tune because of not paying for their bullshit $1000 downpipe.