• GIAC

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Oettinger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Bluefin

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

whiteGTI1

Which ECU Tune (stage 1) do u prefer or have? Revo,APR,Giac,Bluefin,ABT,MTM or Oettinger ? Sorry if i miss out some other tunes.

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
GIAC fast smooth and I have a flashloader so if the dealership is knowledgable they can't figure out the cruise thing as I have an actual loader

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got APR'd today and couldn't be happier. The car is much more smooth in regards to throttle application as opposed to my REVO'd MKV. And the thing just goes like crazy. I'm really impressed. I think when I go with a downpipe and stage 2 this thing would walk all over my MKV.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
GIAC fast smooth and I have a flashloader so if the dealership is knowledgable they can't figure out the cruise thing as I have an actual loader

With security lock out, it's impossible for the dealer to 'figure out the cruise control'. There is no indication you are chipped. Everything operates identically.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Does the car log max boost or general boost levels by any chance? That would be the smoking gun...

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I just brought my car in for it's courtesy check (before 3000k miles as you all probably know) and they didn't notice a thing. I got my APR upgrade on Monday and dropped my car off at VW Tuesday night... switched back to stock and locked the ECU before I handed the keys over. Got it back yesterday, with no questions asked.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
As this thread goes GIAC and APR is the way to go :)

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
I just brought my car in for it's courtesy check (before 3000k miles as you all probably know) and they didn't notice a thing. I got my APR upgrade on Monday and dropped my car off at VW Tuesday night... switched back to stock and locked the ECU before I handed the keys over. Got it back yesterday, with no questions asked.

They wouldn't ask a question then. They'll ask a question when you come in with a blown turbo (knock on wood) not when they're checking to make sure your oil cap is on tight...

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
I liked revo on my mkv but i think i'm going giac on my mk6

mainly cause there are no good revo dealer around me. They are all incompetent dickheads

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
I liked revo on my mkv but i think i'm going giac on my mk6

mainly cause there are no good revo dealer around me. They are all incompetent dickheads

Where in Jersey are you? I have heard nothing but good things about Douglas VW, and after having REVO in my MKV I'm a straight up APR convert.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Does the car log max boost or general boost levels by any chance? That would be the smoking gun...

You can log this information only while it's happening. If you switch to stock mode, it runs the exact same calibration that came with the vehicle from the factory.

Nothing is stored in memory.
There is no boost history or vehicle performance history.