GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6: cosmetically disappointing

Draw007

pdx_rox
MKVI

Although contemporary, the new car isn't enough to make me want to make the upgrade. It's not like an MKIV-to MKV evolution. Maybe it's because my next step is an Audi?:confused:

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
I think its beautiful.

x2

I don't get the hate around the taillights, either. Sure, they look like Touareg lights but I don't see that as a bad thing. The T-reg is one of the best looking SUVs out there so there's nothing wrong with a little imitation. :cool:

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
those are only golf pictures. if you ask me overall the mk6 is a real winner. it'll grow on me fast where as it took me a long time to really dig my gti the way i like it now.

higgledy

1984 GTI
I think the design is perfect. It takes all of the oddities of the MKV and brings them back in line with VW's traditional style. Basically it takes a great car and makes it just a little bit better.

I agree. I also like the simplified, less-pretensious dash. I also hope VW brings those tan leather seats to NA, too. Maybe other car makers will realize that interior colors do not need to be limited to gray, black, or beige?

F37150

orange crush
I do like the sharper angles/lines on the MKVI, but like many of you, I'm not a fan of the rear. I wouldn't trade in my MKV for it though, differences appear to be minimal.

ryedog1

i second that. the mk6 golf already looks more stylish in front. i hope the mk6 GTI will look more refreshing than the current one. the current one looks dated. my 2 cents

I don't agree about the current model looking dated already, but I do like the lines of the MK6. I also think the MK6 more closely resembles the original though compared to the MKV.

fastfan

I'm still wondering why VW refuses to use LED tail lights on the GTI. I mean, they use xenon head lights yet they're too stubborn to use LEDs. It would really be in keeping with this modern design trend they've been doing for the past few years.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Well with pics of the mk6 gti out now I still like my mk5 better. It think it flows much more smoothly, but I'm still looking forward to see the new .:R20

GTI2007

I really think that the side looks a lot better without that stupid rub strip and this car looks better without that stupid black lower half of the rear bumper. Those were 2 things I really hated on the MK5