GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What kind of deals is everyone getting?

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
Bought today and drove home with a Carbon Grey 2011 GTI DGS Autobahn 5 door. 29,861 @1.9%.

Dealer did bang me with the 300 for etching saying it's already done to all of their cars. Fkin bastid. Pretty happy with the deal anyway.

Crawfish00

Greaux saints
I leased a 2011 gti 2 door white. 0$ down 299$ tax in a month.. Manual, and I don't have the steering wheel with all the gadgets(don't like them) but there was a 8$ a month difference In lease payment.. Now I leased my wives 2012 cc also 320$ a month tax in 0$ down....it's the sport model.. Both leases are 10k a year 3 year lease..

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone. I just got what seems to be a pretty solid deal from a salesman named Justin at Fitzgerald VW in Annapolis, MD.

I got a 2011 Candy White 2 dr 6MT GTI base model. The only real option I just had no choice in as the one they sourced for me had it, which was the GTI All Weather mats. I got the car for $21,645. With the 6% sales taxes and then tags and title they gave me a grand total of $23,275. OTD for just a bit over 23 on this car seems pretty good to me. The 21,645 for the car was 2,050 under INVOICE.

I handed them a printout from Zag.com which showed that their dealer was selling GTI's for 2,050 under invoice, which was only supposed to account for stock units. They said they would honor the price I requested through Zag no matter where they had to get it from in MD. All in all, good experience with an awesome no need to haggle deal :)

Justin Beam by chance? I just worked with him last week and brought home my 2011 DGS Autobahn package this past Wednesday. Paid $27,99 with delivery, plus tax and tags. so take away the ~$800 delivery change and i got it for $27,199

doofus

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 4 door GTI 6mt navi + sunroof.

29k OTD + lifetime oil change

1.9% 60 mo 0 down. drove off without paying a dime.

is that a fair deal?

Last edited:

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
29k OTD + lifetime oil change

1.9% 60 mo

2011 4 door GTI 6mt navi + sunroof.

is that a fair deal?

That is a tough question because it really depends on the availability of this specific vehicle as well as the non-negotiatable options you required and your own personal comfort level with the price you paid.

For me the only option I did not care about was NAV-all else was required. Now having spent time with the standard larger screen in the lower trims the RNS-315 is far superior! It has an entirerly separate navigatable phone menu trimmed with green highlights including voicemail and the layout of the music channels and color match the dash perfectly (red/white). It also does not suffer the annoying pixelation the larger screens do in the lower trims. It is also fast and highly consistent. I also did not have to pay 1.7K for a NAV with all these other bells and whistles I did not really care about. RNS-315 FTW!!

29K OTD with oil changes sounds to me like a fair price considering CA taxes. 6MAN is relatively rare on a 4 door to begin with and when you go with the second highest trim level -even more so. There are none in my entire state like this and only a few in SoCal with the right color. All of this needs to be considered as well. Buyers remorse is a real and vicious beast, so consider the whole picture as it can help. Congrats on your acquisition.

chuckstyl5

Passed Driver's Ed
was offered OTD 29,800 for a CW 2dr DSG sunroof and Nav and I believe protection kit .... Stick is 29,500 ... Think that is decent or can I do better??

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
Never go to the dealer without going to truecar.com first.. and then hit submit and get a print out of the certificate. I've taken it to many dealerships so far and just be like well if you don't honor this price I'll just go to the dealer on this list that does.. and 9/10 times they'll honor it.

cstrasz

Passed Driver's Ed
Does this sound like a good deal?

2011 Autobahn in manual, white, 2 door. Includes mat kit.
about 29K + TTL. Out the door I'm looking at 31800 including 5 year/75K extended warranty. (I know the extended warranties will get flack on here but it's just a peace of mind for me personally after dealing with some issues on the previous GTI).

It's one of the last autobahns in the area so I'm not getting much better offers from surrounding dealers.

maxxwizard

i got offered $28,500 for a 2011 4-door red manual autobahn with the college grad program (1st payment free, 1.9% APR).

i'm trying to see if i can get $28,000.