GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Underseat storage tray on GTI?

FN in MT

Ready to race!
I noticed that the standard GOLF has a little storage tray under the frt seats. Any ideas WHY the GTI doesn't get the tray?

Could one be installed on the standard cloth seats?

Educate me on underseat storage trays Please.

FN in MT

jgs5607

Ready to race!
I did not look at the regular Golf; looking at the GTI manual, I get the impression it covers a lot of markets and each market gets different stuff.

The underseat trays and the drivers side dash storage compartment (left of the wheel) do not exist on my car.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion

scbastv

Ready to race!
they can be installed depending of what options you have in your car...if you have the bluetooth and dynaudio then its a no go becuase the amp for the dynaudio is under the driver's seat and the bluetooth is under the passenger seat

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed
looking at the GTI manual, I get the impression it covers a lot of markets and each market gets different stuff.

I think your right, the weird thing is that the manual is written in american english. If you're going to replace all "coulour" with "color", why not not remove information on options that are not available in the american market?

they can be installed depending of what options you have in your car...if you have the bluetooth and dynaudio then its a no go becuase the amp for the dynaudio is under the driver's seat and the bluetooth is under the passenger seat

I'm in this boat. Does anybody know if there are any issues with installing the storage compartment underneath the light switch?

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion

I'm actually positive this is NOT the case - I've seen one installed with the bluetooth module beneath it. I can't say for the dynaudio amp, but it fits over the top of BT no problem.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
I'm eqpt with DynAudio and Bluetooth .... have to stop at the dealers and take a look at some std GOLFS ... maybe I can add a tray.

Going from the Chev Tahoe to the GTI.....zero room for all the crap I routinely carry.

Thanks for the replies Gentlemen.

FN in MT

trueman

Passed Driver's Ed
I think your right, the weird thing is that the manual is written in american english. If you're going to replace all "coulour" with "color", why not not remove information on options that are not available in the american market?

The correct spelling is"colour" not the lazy version "color":mad0259:

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
The correct spelling is"colour" not the lazy version "color":mad0259:

lol it's not that "lazy" version, it's just the American version.

FN in MT

Ready to race!
I'm going to the dealer tonight to pick up my GTI. I'll ask about em if I remember.

Appreciate it...I'll check back later tonight.

I've got DynAudio and Bluetooth. BOTH of which are mounted under the frt seats...from what I understand.

Fn in MT

p3asa

Ready to race!
If you go to the uk VW site or probably any VW site for that matter, you can spec the storage trays, Bluetooth and Dynaudio so yes you can have all 3. The drawers aren't very deep so don't expect too much.

DIY fit is here

FN in MT

Ready to race!
If you go to the uk VW site or probably any VW site for that matter, you can spec the storage trays, Bluetooth and Dynaudio so yes you can have all 3. The drawers aren't very deep so don't expect too much.

DIY fit is here

I did several searches but they never gave me that link. Thanks. Very informative.
Visited Scotland this past September...managed to visit about 3/4 of the Country but never made it to Glasgow.

You don't know THIS guy do You??

FN in MT

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
for some reason I thought trey wont fit under sits with auto incline, but i guess this is not the case

It won't fit under seats with power forward/back if I remember correctly - it will fit under power tilt (so, yes 2 door w/ autobahn, no 4 door w/ autobahn)