GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW MKVI GTI DETAILS + PICTURES

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
^true when you think in europe and the UK we pay twice the price of the USA for our mk5 GTI compared to yours and im sure from forcasted price rises of ~$2500USD in europe for the mk6 GTI something has to give in the current economic climate selling them in the US must make them little if anything.

fastfan

no no.

Unless VW can start production of MK VI with ensured good quality control in Mexico, I really don't see many VW share holders supporting the little profits out of the US.

Uh... hang on.

I think part of the reason why most of us chose GTI's (besides performance reasons) is for the various advantages of German engineering and manufacturing...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but there ain't no way I'm gonna get locked into another $400+ lease knowing that my car's been manufactured in the vicinity of taco stands.

india320

Pro Seat Warmer
A bit biased NO? There are Toyotas and Hondas being built right here in the US and I don't hear anyone complaining about them. There are plenty of Chevies and Fords being built south of us and north of us for that matter and no one complains. VW plants in Mexico are better producers than the South Aficain plants.

fastfan

A bit biased NO?

Totally biased.

There are Toyotas and Hondas being built right here in the US and I don't hear anyone complaining about them. There are plenty of Chevies and Fords being built south of us and north of us for that matter and no one complains. VW plants in Mexico are better producers than the South Aficain plants.

Where's the sense of pride when you (the automaker) manufactures a special car in a place other than its homeland?

That's like eating Chef Boyardee instead of Barilla pasta. They both fill you up just fine, but Barilla is the real deal.

Would you buy an R8 built in Mexico? What about a Porsche built in Vietnam? Or how about a Rolls Royce made in China?

sleepergti86

APRTuned
I totally agree with FastFan

GTI2007

I really hope that the actual MKVI GTI get the Adaptive Front Lighting System Bi-Xenon headlamps. I just saw that the new Tiguan has it so I hope that the MKVI GTI also gets them

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Its on the red one. The white one has the silver know as shown on all the preview photos out there.
I did not go through them all again but just uploaded here you go.

GTI2007

That one ain't between those 992 pics of motivemagazine.com cause all the pics of the red one on there are from the outside only

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
lol then i have no idea were i got it from i was going by the copyright bit on the bottom right. I had saved it too my hard drive. I have quite a few from different locations showing the red one had the golfball and the white the silver knob.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
motorpix motivemagazine both begin with mot at least I was nearly right lol ;) DOH!

Its been a long day. lol

GTI2007

It's also the red one that has different headlights. They look very similar to those on the regular Golf

india320

Pro Seat Warmer
Dude, Chevy and Dodge are merging, Wall Street is crumbling, every country in the EU is begging for help or contemplating going back to their own currency. In less than three weeks we may have whole new outlook on how the USA will be managed for the next four years after having just suffered the worse President in history. That Red one in all the pictures will never see the USA in its configuration, it looks like an upgraded model or special edition model for Europe. I just want to see the new MkVI body make it to this side of the pond by late 2009 for 2010 model....I'd be surprised if we that lucky.

Totally biased.

Where's the sense of pride when you (the automaker) manufactures a special car in a place other than its homeland?

That's like eating Chef Boyardee instead of Barilla pasta. They both fill you up just fine, but Barilla is the real deal.

Would you buy an R8 built in Mexico? What about a Porsche built in Vietnam? Or how about a Rolls Royce made in China?