GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo vs Apr

MofoG23

Ready to race!
Does the car record or monitor boost levels?

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Jeeze Arin they sure are harping you with questions :laugh:

If you guys are seriously that worried about modding your car...then don't do it...but from what I can see and the people I've talked to...most VW dealerships are APR friendly....heck a couple in my area actually DO the APR tuning in house.

Yang24

Ready to race!
Yep im going to have to agree with sandman , I was a little hesitant at first but from the responses i have gotten from

a couple of my close friends the car is night and day with the tune in exactly two weeks i will have apr's turbo back

exhaust, Carbino stage 1/2 intake, and there stage two tune honestly i cant wait. They seem like a great company and

they have been very speedy with answering my questions i cant wait to give them my hard earned moola:happyanim:

and i cant wait to get some dynos and pics/videos up as well.

edit: my dealership will still warranty my car with the upgrades BIG PLUS.

ch1pman

Passed Driver's Ed
I read that when Volkswagen wants specially tuned vehicles they go with APR, I wish I could remember where. That not only influenced me to go with APR for my stage 1, but it made me a little more comfortable with doing it to a month-old mk vi ;)

mikochu

boogerface
Yep im going to have to agree with sandman , I was a little hesitant at first but from the responses i have gotten from

a couple of my close friends the car is night and day with the tune in exactly two weeks i will have apr's turbo back

exhaust, Carbino stage 1/2 intake, and there stage two tune honestly i cant wait. They seem like a great company and

they have been very speedy with answering my questions i cant wait to give them my hard earned moola:happyanim:

and i cant wait to get some dynos and pics/videos up as well.

edit: my dealership will still warranty my car with the upgrades BIG PLUS.

Which dealer is that?

waffleman

Ready to race!
I keep hearing that mileage and acceleration increases when you chip the car.

What is the increase to be expected for each?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Have you thought about a MPG upgrade? Like its tuned to get optimum MPG instead of HP?
just a thought

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Hey Arin Im in the UK as of right now its between u guys and Revo (im leaning towards you guys)
Do you knwo when your european dealers will get the needed parts for the US Spec cars?

Last week i won $300 at the slots in the Base Club. I bought a Carbonio
I just won $700... I need to get Chipped badly it migth be whoever gets the upgrade first gets my money,,

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
It will depend on the dealer and for what it's worth, the competition you mentioned does not have US spec software for the MK6's. Awesome GTI in the UK will likely have it first so I'd give them a call and see what their schedule is for getting the tools in stock.

Alternatively you can always ship your ECU to us here in the states if they don't plan to have it in stock for a while.

The reason for the delay is the US market was hit with the new tuning protocols first so we focused on getting the tools to them before the guys outside the states. The guys outside were unaffected for a longer period of time.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Just so you guys are aware, if you mod your ECU, and the dealer straight up asks you if you have aftermarket software and you say "no" and try to get warranty work done on any drivetrain components, that is Fraud - straight up. If they do determine you have software through one means or another, and catch you, you can be in some serious legal trouble.

Now, if they DON'T ask you... ;)

I plan on getting flashed next year after I get about 15k or so on the car, so any drivetrain gremlins will make themselves known first. I figure if something is going to go, it's most likely to go early on due to a manufacturing defect, or right after the warranty expires - that middle bit is all gravy.